• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gray Peterson

Aug 18, 2009
    Lynnwood, WA
    Again let me say THANK GOD for the SAF, however the wait limit is not posted it is just the reality. There is NOTHING we can do if THEY take 2 years to issue a permit, THEY can claim backlog, waiting for background checks to come back and the like.

NOBODY

Lying to a federal judge in open court is a felony criminal offense. MSP does LiveScan now, so therefor, it only takes 72 hours for the report back from the FBI and state database is done.

Please stop spreading FUD. It serves no other purpose than to make you look like a fool. Also, read my post about suits against a POLICY versus a statute.

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Wow, just got on and see this thread. As a restricted CCW holder I want to thank all involved with this fight. It feels like I will soon be able to defend my wife and child in case of an emergency situation, not just defend personal property in a specific situation. Hopefully these Md restrictions will be removed and Marylanders will be on par with the other states support of rights.

Would this be a good time for marylanders to apply for CCW's? Should renewal applications include a request to remove "unconstituational restrictions"? Or should we all just wait and watch?

Thank you all again.
    TD

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    Removing restrictions is what the Palmer case is about. That ruling should be coming out very soon, in fact I don't know why it is still delayed. We've been waiting on that one for a while and it's still at the lowest level but it is expected to escalate.

RetiredSkeeter

Jul 17, 2009
    Delmar, Md.
    Wow, just got on and see this thread. As a restricted CCW holder I want to thank all involved with this fight. It feels like I will soon be able to defend my wife and child in case of an emergency situation, not just defend personal property in a specific situation. Hopefully these Md restrictions will be removed and Marylanders will be on par with the other states support of rights.

Would this be a good time for marylanders to apply for CCW's? Should renewal applications include a request to remove "unconstituational restrictions"? Or should we all just wait and watch?

Thank you all again.
    TD

The problem with applying is your application fee is non-refundable whether you are approved or not.
    I worked at a Md. state prison for 14 years. While there I received a "credible" threat on my life (and you have to provide proof of the threat.) I applied and was granted a concealed carry permit. However, when it was time to renew the permit I was denied because I did not have any NEW "credible" threats against me since the previous one.
    Go figure.

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    Again let me say THANK GOD for the SAF, however the wait limit is not posted it is just the reality. There is NOTHING we can do if THEY take 2 years to issue a permit, THEY can claim backlog, waiting for background checks to come back and the like.

I wish this state was like AZ, AK and VT but it is not and forced to issue permits will not be like VA with a must issue or deny within 45 days.

People on this board and friends I have were jumpnmg for joy when Mcdonald "went our way" but as I said in that post, things will remain the same in MD tommorow as they were yesterday for a LOOONNNNGGGGG time to come. IF I am wrong I will KARMA the permit costs for one member on here.

My rules, Shall issue must be the law of the land not only in paper but IN FACT within 1 year of the initial ruling. My money is safe as this will not happen.

Again thanks SAF.

NOBODY

Well, if that's the case we'll have to kick their a**es in court over and over again. There is plenty of civil rights precedent on restricting access to draw on to hammer them if they are so stupid as to make a multi-year wait as a dodge.

Thing is, we've had a taste of victory, a hint of progress. That's not going to get the gun rights crowd to sit onthe laurels... no, its getting us MORE motivated to fight and win.

That's how I am seeing this response, at least.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

I wish this state was like AZ, AK and VT but it is not and forced to issue permits will not be like VA with a must issue or deny within 45 days.

People on this board and friends I have were jumpnmg for joy when Mcdonald "went our way" but as I said in that post, things will remain the same in MD tommorow as they were yesterday for a LOOONNNNGGGGG time to come. IF I am wrong I will KARMA the permit costs for one member on here.

My rules, Shall issue must be the law of the land not only in paper but IN FACT within 1 year of the initial ruling. My money is safe as this will not happen.

Again thanks SAF.

NOBODY

Well, you might be 100% correct considering the condencending, arrogant politicians that exist in annapolis. see what i'm talking about here www.wherespatton.blogspot.com

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    well, I go away for 5 days with no electricity, running water or internet access and look what happens?

Maybe I'll go away for another week and we'll have shall issue, no ballistic fingerprinting, no regulated long guns and no handgun roster.

I'll be back next Friday. :outta her

.:D

Norton, I may disagree in a fiesty hate to backdown and strategise kinda and I am personally sorry I am impatient at times. I never doubted MSiI does good work, and hence why you get dues from me every year when I reluctantly renew my NRA membership. You guys are the voice of reason and are the "offset" for the downfalls of the nra.

I might buy you a hampster cage generator for your next power outage, but instead, look for another 10 or 20 from me next wk along with my annual SAF membership. Wish I could make the meeting next sunday, but i'll be attending to family comittments. keep up the blitzkreig!

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    I would to thank, in no certain order:
    - MSI
    -all the fine members of MDShooters.com
    -any pro-2A legislators in MD
    -All of the FFL's in MD who have to put up with this state's bureaucratic BS rules on a daily basis.
    -Mr. Cary Hansel
    - and special recognition to SAF and Mr. Alan Gura for stepping up.

To all of the liberal, facist, anti-gun politicians and their public appointees,
    You have allowed criminals to walk, plea bargained away their illegal gun possession charges and allowed them back on the streets with little more than a slap on the wrist, while at the same time restricted hard working, honest, tax paying citizens the ability to legally protect life, family and property by infringing on our Constitutional Rights. You are cowardly hypocrites unworthy of re-election. :tdown:

We're serious,
    We've had enough of this,
    We're voters and tax payers,
    We're on our way to the courts,
    and HELL IS COMING WITH US!!! :rockon:

If there is any time for total support and teamwork, amongst Maryland 2nd amendment supporters, the time is now. No donation of time or money is too small. Take a moment to explain it to someone who might be on the fence, but is not aware of the details. Grow even more support!
    Let's put away any petty differences and concentrate on the hand we have been dealt. Let's get the word out and win this one. :thumbsup:

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    This will be great for putting the squeeze on CA and NY. Once we get this victory, we will really have what we need to march towards permanently extinguishing the anti gun problem in this country.

You're right, although I wouldn't be surprised if Illinois gets revisited again soon with a case very similar to this one in MD.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    I would to thank, in no certain order:
    - MSI
    -all the fine members of MDShooters.com
    -any pro-2A legislators in MD
    -All of the FFL's in MD who have to put up with this state's bureaucratic BS rules on a daily basis.
    -Mr. Cary Hansel
    - and special recognition to SAF and Mr. Alan Gura for stepping up.

To all of the liberal, facist, anti-gun politicians and their public appointees,
    You have allowed criminals to walk, plea bargained away their illegal gun possession charges and allowed them back on the streets with little more than a slap on the wrist, while at the same time restricted hard working, honest, tax paying citizens the ability to legally protect life, family and property by infringing on our Constitutional Rights. You are cowardly hypocrites unworthy of re-election. :tdown:

We're serious,
    We've had enough of this,
    We're voters and tax payers,
    We're on our way to the courts,
    and HELL IS COMING WITH US!!! :rockon:

If there is any time for total support and teamwork, amongst Maryland 2nd amendment supporters, the time is now. No donation of time or money is too small. Take a moment to explain it to someone who might be on the fence, but is not aware of the details. Grow even more support!
    Let's put away any petty differences and concentrate on the hand we have been dealt. Let's get the word out and win this one. :thumbsup:

Outstanding points all around.

Let's not lose focus of the things that we, as individuals can do outside of this case to make a difference.

Elections are coming, and if we could swing a just a few seats to our side than we will have had another major accomplishment under our belts.
    Remember, it took a lot of hard work and a lot of time to get Civil Immunity through....nothing comes easy in this state.

A lot of us are tapped out financially, but remembering to send just $20 to a pro gun incumbent or candidate and letting them know why you're sending it......well that goes a long way.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Boondocksaint- bring the ammo, I'll buy it from you at the MSI meeting 8 Aug (if I can make it 90% certain I will). $60 for 200 rounds, very gracious of the donor, I'm happy to help. Guess I need to buy a .40 now :-)

Mr. Rattlesnake already claimed the ammo. Now you don't have to buy a .40.

But don't let me stop you if you already had one planned! :D

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I might buy you a hampster cage generator for your next power outage,!

I wasn't clear....I was voluntarily without power, running water or internet for 5 days at the Undisclosed Location (tm) :D

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    well, I go away for 5 days with no electricity, running water or internet access and look what happens?

Maybe I'll go away for another week and we'll have shall issue, no ballistic fingerprinting, no regulated long guns and no handgun roster.

I'll be back next Friday. :outta her

.:D

Spend a month in the Bahamas. I want the Hughes Amendment repealed :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM