• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    If anyone else is interested in this rifle, avoid PSA. I ordered one last week, and called twice to double check that they would ship to a PA FFL even though i'm a MD resident. First rep told me to just put a PA address, and the second rep told me I should be fine. Just received a call from their compliance department saying that they wont ship the gun to MD period, even though it's MD legal. Makes total sense.

I believe PSA will reject the MD address. I think the problem is with the magazines and not knowing that it is legal for us to possess if we purchase out of state. It's too bad because the PSA deal is the deal of the century (no pun intended).

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    I believe PSA will reject the MD address. I think the problem is with the magazines and not knowing that it is legal for us to possess if we purchase out of state. It's too bad because the PSA deal is the deal of the century (no pun intended).

The mags aren't the issue, it's the rifle itself. When compliance called I expressed the fact that I called twice to verify that they will ship even with the mags and I was told yes, twice. However compliance told me that it isn't the mags that are the issue, but rather the rifle. I told them that the rifle is completely legal in MD, and he then informed me that it is strictly company policy.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    The mags aren't the issue, it's the rifle itself. When compliance called I expressed the fact that I called twice to verify that they will ship even with the mags and I was told yes, twice. However compliance told me that it isn't the mags that are the issue, but rather the rifle. I told them that the rifle is completely legal in MD, and he then informed me that it is strictly company policy.

I got mine from PSA as a gift sent to my BILs FFL in WV.
    I feel your pain as I lost out on an ammo deal because one of the retailers asked me for my Maryland FID card. :rolleyes:
    The PSA deal is almost giving it away but if you can get it from our own IPs it's still a great deal and in some ways I would consider it an advantage because you can check it for any defects so you don't get a bad one.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If anyone wants an unissued leather Czech VZ.58 magazine pouch, I have one that needs a good home. If you can meet me in Towson/Hamden area or at the upcoming machine gun shoot, it's yours.

EDIT: Can anyone recommend a cheap source for a wood stock set? I like the wood chip stuff but solid wood is classy, wouldn't mind playing Barbie with mine. Also looking for a good price on a newish bayo, the one that shipped with my rifle is pretty beat up.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    If anyone wants an unissued leather Czech VZ.58 magazine pouch, I have one that needs a good home. If you can meet me in Towson/Hamden area or at the upcoming machine gun shoot, it's yours.

EDIT: Can anyone recommend a cheap source for a wood stock set? I like the wood chip stuff but solid wood is classy, wouldn't mind playing Barbie with mine. Also looking for a good price on a newish bayo, the one that shipped with my rifle is pretty beat up.

I will take it:D and will gladly meet you at the MG shot for some fun:D:D

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011

I have seen some stuff being actioned on EBay from time to time especially the Bayonet. The wood appeared to be different then the wood chipped polymer.
    There is a company that is selling unfinished high quality wood furniture but it's too expensive, really nice though.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    I got mine from PSA as a gift sent to my BILs FFL in WV.
    I feel your pain as I lost out on an ammo deal because one of the retailers asked me for my Maryland FID card. :rolleyes:
    The PSA deal is almost giving it away but if you can get it from our own IPs it's still a great deal and in some ways I would consider it an advantage because you can check it for any defects so you don't get a bad one.

I agree, but locally prices are 150-200 more than what's being offered by PSA, and for that money i'd rather buy something else at the moment. My whole draw to the rifle was that at 400 bucks, it's a cheap way to shoot 7.62 that has a 30 round capacity and is MD legal.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I agree, but locally prices are 150-200 more than what's being offered by PSA, and for that money i'd rather buy something else. My whole draw to the rifle was that at 400 bucks, it's a cheap way to shoot 7.62 that has a 30 round capacity and is MD legal.

That's very true and I cant agree more.
    I bought this rifle primarily because I wanted a VZ, not because I thought I was buying a AK like weapon which is legal in MD. If I didn't get the PSA deal I might have held out for a Czechpoint for over 1k and would have been happy with it.

Those that wanted an AK and thought this was a compromise shouldn't buy this rifle, it's not an AK in anyway.
    If you are looking for a great deal on a well made rifle then the PSA deal is a no brainer even if you are not partial to the VZ.

Sirex