• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Be careful with the Zendl brake, guys - the seller advertises it as reducing flash. If you have a folding stock, the Zendl, and a post-10/1 gun, you may have just built a copycat weapon.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I'm not Fred but I believe I bought the same sights as him.
    The manufacture is Mojo and they make a specific replacement sight for the VZ. It has both windage, elevation adjustment and you can change the apertures with their aperture kit.
    Removal requires you to press down on what looks like a detent below the notch on the sight. It's actually a leaf spring that needs to be pressed in hard and at the same time the the original sight can slide out from underneath. Replacement with the new peep sight is just the reverse and is easier.

Although you will still have a shorter sight radius, I found these sights to have a very natural point of aim as a battle sight because you can see everything else in your peripheral vision unlike dedicated target sights that give you tunnel vision.

Windage you say? This may solve my issue of my front pin pushed as far right as possible.

I will check it out. Thank you for the info!!!!!!!

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Windage you say? This may solve my issue of my front pin pushed as far right as possible.

I will check it out. Thank you for the info!!!!!!!

Yes it uses an Alan bolt on the sight base to move it side to side. I like the fact that it's stiff to turn. The elevation is another Alan bolt that adds pressure from underneath to lift it up. I had a pair of Tech sights for a 10/22 and they were nice, this sight is better.

jhcrab

Jun 28, 2012
    Howard Co.
    VZ2008 Parts Kit

Has anyone bought a VZ58 parts kit (with wood stock); it comes minus the receiver ? How hard is it to purchase a receiver and what price range do they sell for ? Is there any compatibility problem to look for when matching up receiver with parts kit. I would love to have a VZ2008 but at the new local price tag @ $600, I am trying to save a few $$$.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I have a parts kit I bought a yr+ ago. Correct, they have no receiver. ORF and some others sell receivers but they're $300-400. I have a mill so an planning to make my own (someday.) You're better off money wise buying a VZ2008. You could always press an orig barrel into it if you REALLY wanted the chrome lining. (though you'd have to find another US part to add to keep 922r compliance)

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Has anyone bought a VZ58 parts kit (with wood stock); it comes minus the receiver ? How hard is it to purchase a receiver and what price range do they sell for ? Is there any compatibility problem to look for when matching up receiver with parts kit. I would love to have a VZ2008 but at the new local price tag @ $600, I am trying to save a few $$$.

I read in one of the VZ2008 threads that it was a hard build for a newbie.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I had a chance to sight in my VZ using the mojo sight.
    It appears that my sight is slightly canted by about 1 or 2mm. There is still plenty of adjustment but I want it to be dead center.
    I will take lsw advice and do it myself.

I was able to compare it back to back with my friends Yugo AK and it shoots nothing like it. The recoil on the VZ is sharper and the cycling quicker. The VZ recoil was more AR like then AK.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I think I lucked out because of my own incompetence.
    It turns out my front sight is not canted after all. The adjustment has been slightly pushed to the right side from the factory. I forgot that the front sight needs to go in the opposite direction to set windage as apposed to the rear sight. So if the sight is adjusted dead center my mojo sight will have to be near dead center also. Lucky me. :)

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Good news! My Century VZ-2008 had a canted front sight. Easy fix.

I was able to compare it back to back with my friends Yugo AK and it shoots nothing like it. The recoil on the VZ is sharper and the cycling quicker. The VZ recoil was more AR like then AK.

Yeah, totally different beast. There's a lot to like about them.

dev

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    I do like how balanced they seem to feel.

I think part of that balanced feeling is how light it is to handle. With a brake the recoil is manageable and I think this would make a great three gun rifle.

Nottherealfranco

MD Escapee
    Sep 24, 2014
    If anyone else is interested in this rifle, avoid PSA. I ordered one last week, and called twice to double check that they would ship to a PA FFL even though i'm a MD resident. First rep told me to just put a PA address, and the second rep told me I should be fine. Just received a call from their compliance department saying that they wont ship the gun to MD period, even though it's MD legal. Makes total sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom