• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    MGs are stupid money only because I can't afford them. Therefore, stupid! :D

Yes, that's basically how it works. I have a great job and no kids, so if I think they're stupid expensive, they're stupid expensive. And if they keep rising in price like they've been rising, who is going to be able to buy them? Bill Gates?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Def not a replacement for FA, but a hell of a good substitute at literally about 1% of the cost of FA.

As the housing bubble has shown, stupid money can win for a quite a long time, but it loses in the end.

Yeah I grant its nice. However look at crank fire 1919a4s. I built mine for under $1k with the crank. The FA is $15K and I still want the FA one and may get it in time. These devices actually just make me wish for the real thing more!

When the Government will fund my MG purchase and let me pay next to nothing in interest... I will pay even more for MGs. The only bubble in the MG market is the NFA and 86 Ban. If the they go, yeah but otherwise its fairly safe money. People still want the real one!

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Yes, that's basically how it works. I have a great job and no kids, so if I think they're stupid expensive, they're stupid expensive. And if they keep rising in price like they've been rising, who is going to be able to buy them? Bill Gates?

We can afford what we want. Is use to be MG owners had a bunch. Its moved to MG owners tend to have a handful. Next it might be that MG owners own one. However demand is not going down and neither are prices for the most part.

You want to destroy the MG market, increase the price of ammo. That actually is the only thing that kills the market. Look at M2HBs and other larger rifle caliber modern MGs. There prices did drop as the ammo dried up.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    These triggers seem like a good alternative, but I haven't seen many reviews about them. A step closer to true select-fire but still operate off the bump-fire idea:
    http://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/ar...-ar-15s-nearly-full-auto#sthash.wildJ8Eh.dpbs
    Reviews have been mixed.. not all that good, but... I have a buddy that has one and once he sets it up, I'll try it out and see how it works. I won't spend that on a trigger, seems ludicrous to me, but I am curious... lol

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Anyone have experience bump firing from a prone position using a bipod?

I'm trying to see the practicality of employing an AR using a bumpfire stock in the prone position. Is it accurate enough to put down an effective cone of fire when fired prone with a bipod?

I'm also looking into the legality of using the bumpfire stock with a recoil rail. Is that legal?

I bump fire my Mk12 Mod1 prone every time I go shooting. Match trigger helps alot.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    My Wilson TTU-3G (the 3 gun one) has 3.5-4# pull, ~1/16" travel to break, and ~1/16" overtravel. They actually warn you to use "a firm grip and solid hold" if using from a bench to PREVENT bump firing. The Geissele SD3G is supposedly very similar. Both cost about HALF of the taccon unit. I had one on pre-order until I read all the bad initial reviews and cancelled it.

Erno86

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 27, 2012
    Marriottsville, Maryland
    For an alternative route...you can almost be as fast as a slow rpm full-auto machine gun, without the use of a bumpfire stock, regular bumpfiring or special trigger groups. This entails teaching you're subconscious how to pull the trigger, while you're conscious just aims the sights --- meanwhile being in complete mind control of the firing rate --- sometimes at a astonishing speed.

Robby Leatham says it takes around 50,000 rounds, in order to self-teach a subconscious mind how to pull the trigger. I'll have to agree with Leatham, since I've been that route before --- and at present --- still very fast with a trigger if I want too; as long as I can control the recoil.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    For an alternative route...you can almost be as fast as a slow rpm full-auto machine gun, without the use of a bumpfire stock, regular bumpfiring or special trigger groups. This entails teaching you're subconscious how to pull the trigger, while you're conscious just aims the sights --- meanwhile being in complete mind control of the firing rate --- sometimes at a astonishing speed.

Robby Leatham says it takes around 50,000 rounds, in order to self-teach a subconscious mind how to pull the trigger. I'll have to agree with Leatham, since I've been that route before --- and at present --- still very fast with a trigger if I want too; as long as I can control the recoil.

Thats like 15 grand in ammo, might as well just get a machine gun.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    With the # of available FA guns shrinking every year I'd like to think my investments will continue to rise. As mentioned, ammo situations could hurt them though.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    Thanks for the inspiration, got the bumpfire stock and the recoil rail installed on a cheap DPMS Oracle flat top host. Added a cheapo raised TRS 25 ... all for about $1,000 ... can't wait to try it out. I guess Delmarva is the only one that lets you shoot "fast" on the Eastern Shore that I know off.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone have experience bump firing from a prone position using a bipod?

I'm trying to see the practicality of employing an AR using a bumpfire stock in the prone position. Is it accurate enough to put down an effective cone of fire when fired prone with a bipod?

I'm also looking into the legality of using the bumpfire stock with a recoil rail. Is that legal?
    :D
    When I read the first line, I thought this was going to be another fart thread.

Leper Messiah

Aug 18, 2014
    i shot my bumpfire for the first time over the weekend.........its a great replacement for the lil blue pill :D

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    24293afed31fa7c90883b0241c055e6c.jpg

Poor man's rapid fire thingy ....

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    I will try and make it to Delmarva this Sunday. Have to see if I can leave wifey alone with kids, she is working night shift Saturday AND Sunday, might be a hard sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom