• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Homesick Texan

Dec 15, 2012
    Middle TN
    Has any retired SF troops obtained their LEOSA carry permit from USAF SF yet? If so, I'd like to hear how you did it. If not but you're interested, maybe we can start a discussion?

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    Granted I did more ABD than LE, but when did the Air Force start giving out LEOSA cards to SF? I've never seen that card, either from guys active duty or otherwise.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    FWIW, The NRA (either ILA Div or LEAD) often has the most current or straightest scoop on many LEOSA questions. Largely because of the amount of time ILA staff spends on Capitol Hill, etc. Best o' Success!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Not gonna happen. SF are not LEO

Im afraid R&R is correct. As much as I believe most Service members (and many, many others) should be able to get permits - especially those with a lot of training (ie SF), the current LEOSA rules clearly say LEO only. Which has a specific criteria, and it all boils down to - if you had apprehension (or arrest) authority for at least 10 years (accumalitive is ok), leave in good standing, and are not a prohibited person. Lots of other little details when you read it all, but that's the important part.

Now, if your goal is to get permits, there are some good folks here that can help point you in the right direction.

cjroman

Apr 4, 2012
    Calvert County
    Im afraid R&R is correct. As much as I believe most Service members (and many, many others) should be able to get permits - especially those with a lot of training (ie SF), the current LEOSA rules clearly say LEO only. Which has a specific criteria, and it all boils down to - if you had apprehension (or arrest) authority for at least 10 years (accumalitive is ok), leave in good standing, and are not a prohibited person. Lots of other little details when you read it all, but that's the important part.

Now, if your goal is to get permits, there are some good folks here that can help point you in the right direction.

OP was referring to AF Security Forces (Military Police) not Special Forces.
    As of the 2013 NDAA LEOSA has been amended to include military police functions of all services.
    The AF has been actively issuing the credentials since Nov. 2014.

IGOR455

Oct 12, 2011
    glen burnout
    i was told that the security police are beta testing the card that will be issued at lackland air force base in texas the source was a security police sgt at andrews air base. i googled and found similar info i think, . me not being computer literate.
    might be worth looking into more

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Go to www.leosaonline.com ALL USAF active, guard, reserve, retired or 10 years plus as Security Police, Security Forces, Air Police can get your LEOSA credentials from this site. I got mine in January of this year. I have retired credentials and it took less than 30 days start to finish. Need anymore info please feel free to pm me.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    i was told that the security police are beta testing the card that will be issued at lackland air force base in texas the source was a security police sgt at andrews air base. i googled and found similar info i think, . me not being computer literate.
    might be worth looking into more

Beta test is over now open to all. Company is in San Antonio. Card is signed at Lackland and mailed by Defense Consulting Services. Easy folks to work with and will help you with the process.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom