• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Silverlode

Ultimate Member
    Aug 16, 2010
    Frederick
    Anyone have an experienced opinion? I would like to pick one up and have no experience with them.

Thanks

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i've been using the small CED one below, see it used at a lot of matches also, no issues so far. i think it pretty much does everything but i've only used the basic functions.

http://www.cedhk.com/shop/categories/Shooting-Electronics/CED7000-Shot-Timer-&-Accessories/

i have used some of the larger ones at matches and they're not quite as ergonomic in terms of easy to hold and start etc.

here's another one i see in use at a variety of matches, but i think i see the one above used somewhat more.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...-pocket-pro-2-shot-timer?cm_vc=ProductFinding

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    if it's just for the range and not competition . I had one for my iPad will have to find it again. Should be one for Droids too

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have owned the small CED7000 which I was very happy with for about 4 years till it went south and stopped working. Not sure why but could be the permanent rechagreable battery. Since then I have played with 3 Android timers, IPSC Timer (Beta), Shot Recorder, and Shot Timer. That is the order I like them also. The first 2 are very close in form and function however the buzzer on the first is louder so I place it first. The last also has a loud buzzer I just did not like the function as much. If you shoot a lot of rimfire like I do the CED7000 can be set very sensitive.

pop-gunner

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2008
    CED7000
    Mine went **** up after 8=9yrs but sent it in and they replaced battery.
    Working just fine once again.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    I like the CED7000. My only issue with it is the rechargeable battery. It doesn't last very long. I have a backup AA battery pack that I carry, just in case. It also doesn't tone as loud as others on the market. If you are looking for a personal practice timer, this is probably the winner. It's small, lightweight, and priced reasonably.

I also like the Competition Electronics, but have seen a number of those fail (LCD screen goes up, buzzer stops working, etc...) I think it has better ergonomics and a louder tone than the CED.

Wood5443

Sep 23, 2012
    Lexington Park
    I prefer the PACT III timers. They tend to do better in the cold weather from my experience and the screen is easier to read if you wear polarized sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom