• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    The article said today the Police count was 21 blows and they determined after the 2nd blow he was out. The parting shot was a kick to the head which caved in his skull.

Mobile Jury and fry him within a week I say.

7A38

Sep 11, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    I'm just assuming here, but maybe if he didn't let his 14yo dress like a hooker/pop star she wouldn't get looks from middle aged men.

Maybe I missed it in the article. But where do any of you see anything about a 14 yo daughter being involved other than what the original poster wrote?

7A38

damionkarp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 9, 2012
    Personally, I don't shop at Acme anymore. I have no need for rockets or skates, or rocket powered skates. I was thinking about buying those items but after watching what happens to a particular coyote each time he tries them....no sir! Another thing the coyote taught me was to be very careful when entering a tunnel. I can't tell you how many times he was fooled by paint on a wall that looked like a tunnel. I owe the coyote for all my precautions.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Exactly right. And this is tricky. You really, really have to think various scenarios through ahead of time. I know this area of law well, but I still find myself doing research on it. Woe to the lay person who guesses wrong.

I carry and my hard and fast rule is that I'll intervene if a women or child is being attacked by a man. That's an easy one, 'disparity of force'.

If your a man than you are on your own. I'll call the police and be a 'good witness'. I have a family to take care of and can't risk going to jail or getting sued helping in that situation.

Now if bad guy has a deadly weapon, that's different.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Maybe I missed it in the article. But where do any of you see anything about a 14 yo daughter being involved other than what the original poster wrote?

7A38

It's not official, but I have also heard this (just yesterday). A reliable source tells me that they were just coming from dinner at a local chain restaurant were they ate with another couple, went to dollar general to buy socks for the stepdaughter (wearing flip flops) prior to going bowling. The victim supposedly make some type of extended "look" towards the minor. Guess he followed him over to Acme. The stepdaughter also may or may not have mentioned that he "was looking for a fight" all day, and no one went into the Acme with him, he was not a shopper at the time of the attack.

None of this really matters though. I don't give a shit if the guy spit in his stepdaughters face and called her a slut, that doesn't warrant the type of violent beating he received. Furthermore, anyone who thinks it does require that level of response needs to realize what his life (and his families) life is going to be from now on. He's DONE, he would have been better off to shoot the guy, this kind of violence is going to be severely punished I'd imagine.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Personally, I don't shop at Acme anymore. I have no need for rockets or skates, or rocket powered skates. I was thinking about buying those items but after watching what happens to a particular coyote each time he tries them....no sir! Another thing the coyote taught me was to be very careful when entering a tunnel. I can't tell you how many times he was fooled by paint on a wall that looked like a tunnel. I owe the coyote for all my precautions.
    Nobody likes (or makes) stupid jokes more than I do, but I think your post is a big bag of fail IMHO.

The article said today the Police count was 21 blows and they determined after the 2nd blow he was out. The parting shot was a kick to the head which caved in his skull.

Mobile Jury and fry him within a week I say.
    Agree 100%

huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    I thought it was funny too. The joke wasn't poking fun at the incident or any of the participants, aside from the fact that they shopped at a store with the same name as the one Wile E. Coyote shops at.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The law in MD permits you to use lethal force to defend the life of another if the person being aided could have used lethal force to defend his own life.

It may be very difficult for a layman to judge when a weapon-less beating is about to be lethal. One blow can do it. If you shoot before that one blow you may be in serious legal peril. Shoot after it, and your peril decreases but you didn't save anyone's life.

THAT's different. If an assailant is continuing to beat an unconscious individual, and refuses a direct command to cease, I would be very comfortable in making that call and letting the chips fall where they may.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Grab a 2lb can of nuts off of the store shelf and whack the guy full force right at the back of his head as he's beating the other guy and quickly retreat. If he passes out, you're done. If he keeps beating do it again. If chases you, run or stand your ground (CCW). Your choice.

I would put him in a proper rear choke and turn his lights out temporily, based on my skillset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I thought it was funny. Life is serious enough. We are adults lets take it in context.

I thought it was funny too. The joke wasn't poking fun at the incident or any of the participants, aside from the fact that they shopped at a store with the same name as the one Wile E. Coyote shops at.
    Me - 1, MDS - 2 :D

It wasn't the context as much as I thought it was way too long. No 'hurt feelings report' needed on my end. :)

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    In my opinion this is a 2A issue, because it is exactly these type of people that are out there that all law abiding citizens should have the right to carry to protect themselves from. We should not have to encounter one of these predators before we have a reason to apply for a MD CCP. This poor guy now has a G&S reason to get a CC permit in MD, but I guess he will not be able to do that because he is dead!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    If this had been a mass shooting at Acme it would be all over the national news and all the anti-gunners would be jumping on it to argue why guns should be outlawed.

The NRA should pick this up and give this incident national attention to support gun/2A rights. Have David Keene call Sean Hannity and it will get the attention it deserves.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    I carry and my hard and fast rule is that I'll intervene if a women or child is being attacked by a man. That's an easy one, 'disparity of force'.

If you're a man than you are on your own. I'll call the police and be a 'good witness'. I have a family to take care of and can't risk going to jail or getting sued helping in that situation.

What about elderly or infirmed, 2> on 1?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

If your a man than you are on your own. I'll call the police and be a 'good witness'. I have a family to take care of and can't risk going to jail or getting sued helping in that situation.

Jeez, that's tough. There are some really wimpy guys out there. It is no fault of their own, they weight 130 lbs wet and can't bench press 70 lbs. Maybe they are book worms, nerds etc. What if a 250 pound steroid addled beefcake starts picking on him, or beating his head into the ground?

damionkarp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 9, 2012
    Me - 1, MDS - 2 :D

It wasn't the context as much as I thought it was way too long. No 'hurt feelings report' needed on my end. :)

That length was the beauty of the joke. I was able to tie the situation to a cartoon without offending anyone. I was also able to further expand on the relationship of the Coyote and his various ways he humiliates himself...oh wait, if I have to explain it it loses its comedic value. I apologize to you for nudging the post of topic... no, wait, it's on topic, kinda.

damionkarp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 9, 2012
    It sounds like the guy was looking for a fight and used the victim as an excuse to beat someone up. He will have all the fights he wants in jail. He will be tested and harassed everyday by people who have nothing to lose. He will find out quickly he's a goldfish in a lake full of piranha.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That length was the beauty of the joke. I was able to tie the situation to a cartoon without offending anyone. I was also able to further expand on the relationship of the Coyote and his various ways he humiliates himself...oh wait, if I have to explain it it loses its comedic value. I apologize to you for nudging the post of topic... no, wait, it's on topic, kinda.
    No apology needed and no offense taken. And as the saying goes, that's why there are horse races.

I LOVE the joke "what do they make bagels out of?" "Jew dough" Many do not.

damionkarp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 9, 2012
    No apology needed and no offense taken. And as the saying goes, that's why there are horse races.

I LOVE the joke "what do they make bagels out of?" "Jew dough" Many do not.

Or you could have said " what kind of martial arts does a Jewish baker practice? " Jew Dough"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom