• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    I'm thinking the 22LR ammo shortage might soon be over.

My first hint was various Dick's Sporting Goods stores across the entire region getting bricks off & on over a week or so period. Next was Cabela's selling a 325 round brick that lasted at least 24 hours, ref: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=158723 Given Cabela's online store can be accessed by shooters in parallel nationwide, and it lasted not minutes, not hours, but a whole day, I find that extraordinary.

And then on a personal note: I scored this unicorn, yes 1,000 rounds at $50 or 5 cents a round, at a local WalMart:

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
      photo(1).jpg
      83.9 KB · Views: 542

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    It is easing a bit I think. The Gander here in Salisbury had literally hundreds of thousands of 22s in stock this week and were reasonably priced. All those listed in their flyer were on hand. Fed 525s, Rem golden 525s, Rem thunderbolts 500s, Fed automatch 325s, and Rem thunderbolt 50s.

525s and 500s were $25. 325s for $20. 50s for $2.50. Were allowed to buy 1 each of the bulk and 5 of the 50s.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Why is it that every time someone happens to find .22 themselves that the shortage is magically over?

Yes .22 is available here and there but it still constantly sells out in a relatively short time. .22 lasting a day at Cabela's isn't saying a whole lot if if doesn't show up again for a few weeks which is normally how it works. The only reason Dick's lasted so long was the fact they have been holding their shipments for a while.

I just find these posts rather funny:rofl:

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Why is it that every time someone happens to find .22 themselves that the shortage is magically over?

Yes .22 is available here and there but it still constantly sells out in a relatively short time. .22 lasting a day at Cabela's isn't saying a whole lot if if doesn't show up again for a few weeks which is normally how it works. The only reason Dick's lasted so long was the fact they have been holding their shipments for a while.

I just find these posts rather funny:rofl:

Agreed

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    No one is saying it's over. Only that it's heading that way. 12-18 months without seeing a box on a shelf for most people, now pallets full on occasion. It still get's cleaned out, but now it takes 2 days instead of 20 minutes.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Right. I'm not saying it's over either and if I gave that impression I apologize. What I'm saying is that it appears to me that there are signs that things are starting to improve. It's been a long time since we could say even that.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have gotten .22 fairly consistently over the past 18 months. Not large quantities, not at the greatest prices, but pretty much several times a month.

So I don't see the dam breaking by any stretch.

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    Yup. Anyone seeing the 375 tactical stuff anywhere? My 522 really performs well with it

Attachments

• Facebook-20140719-072816.jpg
      Facebook-20140719-072816.jpg
      50.6 KB · Views: 345

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    I have not seen a brick of .22lr since Nov. 2012 in store in southern Maryland nor across the bridge here in Virginia all the way to Richmond. Ganted I only shop on the weeknd, but I can never find it. Some of you guys are lucky.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Definitely easing. Might go full blown over when people start buying milk, bread and toilet paper instead.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I've got a 300 rd box of this and a 300 rd box of Chootims from Cabelas, backordered since winter.

I ordered and received 12 300rd Tacticals between 2 days in mid late July and early Aug. So they've had it. Cabela's has been known to skip over backorders and fill current orders.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    I have gotten over 6,000 rds in the last 2 weeks. 2000 from the classified here (minimag and Federal at 10cpr) and another 4000 or so from Dick's (golden bullet and Federal)

All this was just by watching the forums here. (Thanks Alphabrew)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom