• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Well, that's four more from GB than me, and I've had an account for years.

Glad it all worked out. 25ACP Ortgies is high up on my wanted list.

I've had an account for a long time but only have 13 transactions. Mostly ammo, cases, dies, etc. 3 of my 4 firearms transactions have been great. If you know what you're looking for and do your homework, it's a good place for an 03 FFL to get a firearm.

I bought my Ortgies 7.65 on the broker and it's one of my favorite - and most accurate -firearms. After shooting it, I knew I needed one in 25 ACP. I've chased a few but either the seller's reserve price was unreasonable or I wasn't willing to pay the winning bid amount. I didn't expect to win this one but I turned out to be the only bidder at $175, which was pretty shocking. I know these pistols aren't super collectible, but there's always a few bidders whenever a nice example is up for auction. I think the pistol I won may have been reblued but it's a nice example with intact/unbroken grips - certainly worth $175.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    Clearly, you now need to obtain the .380 version. That can be a trial, but you're 2/3 of the way there, as far as the basic models go. If you're really into self-inflicted pain, hold out for the button safety .380.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Clearly, you now need to obtain the .380 version. That can be a trial, but you're 2/3 of the way there, as far as the basic models go. If you're really into self-inflicted pain, hold out for the button safety .380.

There's one on GB right now. The asking price is $650 which considering how rare the .380's are isn't terrible, but its more than justify right now.

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    That does seem a "bit" on the high side. I paid $320 for my .380 in July of this year.

I just went down and opened the safe to take a look at it. Had to refresh my memory and I would say it's as nice as, or possibly a bit better than the one currently on GB. I either got a really good deal and/or this fellow is at the top, top end of the price range. Didn't pay that much for the button safety 380 ACP that I picked up last year.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    That does seem a "bit" on the high side. I paid $320 for my .380 in July of this year.

I just went down and opened the safe to take a look at it. Had to refresh my memory and I would say it's as nice as, or possibly a bit better than the one currently on GB. I either got a really good deal and/or this fellow is at the top, top end of the price range. Didn't pay that much for the button safety 380 ACP that I picked up last year.

Did you get it on GB or somewhere else? I would love to have a 380 for $320

mgbill

Apr 19, 2007
    Mount Airy, MD
    I'll have to check and see if I can figure out where this pistol came from. My bound book has Name and License Number. I'll see if I can source it from that info and advise.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Here's my new-to-me Ortgies in 25 ACP. All numbers match. It's been reblued, but I knew that going into the transaction. What I didn't know when I pushed the button was that the portion of the barrel in front of the chamber has been blued by whoever reblued it. I'm not too upset about that, as it only cost me $175 and I really bought it to have fun with. It has a proper, clean and functional magazine. The grips are good, except for a very narrow sliver on the front edge of the right grip that's broken off, but the rear is intact and, when engaged by the spring clip, holds the grip firmly in place, so I'm not worried about that. It's a tiny little pistol, as are the rounds for the thing. I like it. Hopefully, it shoots as well as my Ortgies in 32 ACP.

Attachments

• IMG_2452.jpg
      IMG_2452.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 70
    • IMG_2451.jpg
      IMG_2451.jpg
      84 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members