HB62 License Issued by Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, or 2 West Virginia – Recipro

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I appreciate his enthusiasm, but........

Firstly, there is no longer such a thing as a "regulated" firearm. Second, this is very much in your face" and is exactly the kind of thing that will get jammed in the drawer.

How about just the old standby, Strike "Good & Substantial"?

there are regulated firearms. all handguns are regulated. there are no regulated long guns.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Can't your brother open carry or get a PA permit if he is a resident?

it's really not hard to get a PA CCW.

There are advertisements in gun stores everywhere for people that will help you do it. If you can get your Utah, and you've fired a gun before in your life, then you can get the PA license

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    it's really not hard to get a PA CCW.

There are advertisements in gun stores everywhere for people that will help you do it. If you can get your Utah, and you've fired a gun before in your life, then you can get the PA license

There is no training requirement for a pa permit. There is a reference check however. The only requirement for pa residents is to be of good moral character and background check. Non pa residents must have a permit from their home state additionally.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Sure. A PA permit isn't all that hard to get. It's just that he can't carry there on a UT permit as a PA resident. Many states are that way.

A Pennsylvania license cannot be issued to a resident of another state who does not possess a current license or permit or similar document to carry a firearm issued by their home state if a license is provided for by the laws of that state, as published annually in the Federal Register by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms of the Department of the Treasury.

Note: You have to have a permit from your home state if your home state issue permits. Unless you are from Illinois, DC or Vermont you have to have a permit from your home state. If your state is too restrictive and won’t issue you a permit you can not obtain a Non-Resident Pennsylvania Permit/License. Some Sheriff’s will not issue to non residents and/or have other stipulations to issue to non-residents. Check with the Sheriff’s Dept before you appear to apply.

Supposedly an MD resident would not be able to get a PA non-res permit, because you need to have a permit from your home state. Seems like some sheriffs may issue. It would be nice to know which ones would be worth visiting to get a non-res PA.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Supposedly an MD resident would not be able to get a PA non-res permit, because you need to have a permit from your home state. Seems like some sheriffs may issue. It would be nice to know which ones would be worth visiting to get a non-res PA.

I think you are reading this wrong. Sounds to me like some Sheriffs won't issue to non res even if they have a permit from their home state, or have additional stipulations for the issuance of non res permits.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, I re-read it and it seems that way.

But it seems there is a lot of leeway for the local sheriff.

Some states will give non-res to MD< even with similar requirements, since the MD permit isn't really available.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    The purpose is to get hearings. Hearings often result in grandstanding. Grandstanding often results in useful information... useful in court perhaps..

This more than just noise...

Meanwhile what if a Virginian were to sue Maryland for denial of civil rights under 2a.? Think the debate may be of use to that litigation?

I am pushing for national carry because I know what that will do to the " red with blood " argument. It will also hurt mom nationally ( not that he needs any help there).

This. The more laws we can push through the better. Will they pass? Probably not, but it allows us to make our case and be heard. The more noise we make and the more time we take up the better. We need to flood them with our opinion until they pass this legislation if only to get us to leave them alone.

And yes, I’ve been pushing for national carry for a while too. Love that idea, one license, one training requirement and I can carry in all 50 states.

boaterva

May 28, 2012
    Northern Virginia
    There's a forum for PA shooters that has this info (which sheriffs are friendly), and I found Lancaster does tons of permits. I was in and out in 30 minutes. Only catch is that you can't apply or renew by mail. All in person.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Unnecessary legislation IF Congress will pass a National Reciprocity bill.

"National Right-to-Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013 (Introduced in House - IH)[H.R.2959.IH]"

Just like driver's licenses, issued in your home state, valid in all states.

It is as simple as that and that's what our second amendment is all about.

K.I.S.S.

:thumbsup:

This, as unlikely as it is to be passed, won't help those of us in Maryland. It is not a national permit. It will not allow a Maryland resident to carry in Maryland using a permit issued by another state (e.g. Utah) to a non-resident of that other state. It would only force Maryland to recognize other States resident permits, but still impose all Maryland restrictions. That said, if this somehow got passed, you can bet MOM and Gansler and their successors would file suit to find it an unconstitutional infringement of the States rights to regulate, so at least that would serve to bring Maryland's overly restrictive permit laws under more SCOTUS scrutiny.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    This, as unlikely as it is to be passed, won't help those of us in Maryland. It is not a national permit. It will not allow a Maryland resident to carry in Maryland using a permit issued by another state (e.g. Utah) to a non-resident of that other state. It would only force Maryland to recognize other States resident permits, but still impose all Maryland restrictions. That said, if this somehow got passed, you can bet MOM and Gansler and their successors would file suit to find it an unconstitutional infringement of the States rights to regulate, so at least that would serve to bring Maryland's overly restrictive permit laws under more SCOTUS scrutiny.

Such a suit would be with little merit. If it did suceede it would do do a the cost of the entire liberal agenda of the last 50 years. . It may even kill o-care and and even SS. It would be a win win for conservatives either way. They would never sue. Just ban clips over 2 rounds. Calibers over. 380 etc....;) then other states would sue or we get natonal licencing.

Either way we give Md a hot foot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom