• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    When seconds count, the police are but a scant few minutes away.

If you need to go bang every time and it matters, Get a Glock.

My Gen 2 G17 with the stock magazines has never failed me once. NEVER.

If the gun goes bang when the trigger is pulled make does not matter. Glocks are great guns but for whatever reason it did not naturally fit in my hand and therefore a turn off compared to other reliable guns in its class. The natural fit of the M&P and SR9 made practicing with the gun easier than trying with the "uncomfortable" feel the glock gave me. Each gun out there fits people differently.

tchin

May 15, 2010
    Silver Spring, MD
    I'd go with the glock over the beretta, and I'd go with the 19 over the 17

Almost everyone who gets a glock 17 or glock 22 ends up wishing they had gotten a glock 19 or 23, and end up there eventually, after another purchase.

Save yourself some time, get the 19. If you ever get a carry license, it is not hard to conceal, and it just feels better.

:thumbsup: Glock 19 gen3 was what I went with as a first handgun, no regrets.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    If the gun goes bang when the trigger is pulled make does not matter. Glocks are great guns but for whatever reason it did not naturally fit in my hand and therefore a turn off compared to other reliable guns in its class. The natural fit of the M&P and SR9 made practicing with the gun easier than trying with the "uncomfortable" feel the glock gave me. Each gun out there fits people differently.

Yep. It is why I bought the Glock in the first place. Small hands and left handed to boot.

I was assuming that the OP had held both and was ok with how they felt. I don't think I would even ask if I didn't at least handle both to know how they felt in my hand. But I dunno, maybe not.

TheCrow

Jun 22, 2011
    Granite, MD
    I prefer the glock's action over the double-action on the berretta. I also like passive safeties only on the glock and I don't like the backwards safety on the storm. The storm is a nice little gun ( my g/f has one and she wants to trade for my g-19... not going to happen)

For your first I would go glock 17 or 19 if it feels good in your hand.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Glock is very versatile you can switch between calibers. If your Going to buy a berreta get a 92fs by far the best looking hand gun in my opinion.

Only issue with a 92 is it is heavy throw in 20 round mag and the thing weighs a ton. Good thing is if you empty it you could chuck it at the assailant and maybe score a knock out.

I own the taurus version of the 92 the DA makes for an extremely long trigger pull, damn near feels like you have 2 inch of take up before it breaks. But it is damn reliable.

TopRacer

Feb 19, 2009
    Silver Spring, MD
    I own both the Beretta 92FS and Glock 19. Both are great handguns, but they are different. The 92FS is great if you need the additional safety feature. The 92FS is a full size all steel that is very solid if you don't mind the extra weight.
    The Glock 19 is more compact, light weight, just pull the trigger and it goes bang. I can shoot quicker with the G19. Great for competition shooting.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have both the g19 and a Beretta 92F. I absolutely love the way the 92 feels in my hand. It's gorgeous. But, I agree with the majority here: the G19 is probably the better all around shooter of the two. Of course, I've been shooting Glocks for 20 years. And the Beretta for about a month.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    When getting a Beretta, I went with the 96. I love it but it is bigger and heavier. I have a 19 and 21 also and everyone should own a 19. Now, outside that price range a little and I'd be big time recommending my
    Sig P229!!!! Oh hell yeah!!!!

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    This thread still exists? :D GLOCK, it should be obvious to everyone. I own a 17, 19, 26, 30S, and a 21 (Gen 4). I love them all. The 30S and the 19 are probably the most accurate but I trust them all equally. Carry the 26 nearly every day.

Beretta is a good company, just not my choice in handguns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom