• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I am looking for a company that sells large safes and will move it all the way into the house. Every company I have checked with will only bring the thing to the curb. I have no way to move it from there into my basement. Anyone know anyone?

Lostinbmore

Junior grade mop slopper
    Dec 19, 2012
    Baltimore
    There is a place in falston that delivers for a fee. They installed mine on the second floor. Blair gun and pawn I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    What area are you in? I got one from A1 Uniform (an IP here), and the guys they use for delivery brought it all the way into my house.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Check out "Safecracker", he's on here. He sells used safes at good prices. I bought one from him last year at his warehouse in AA co.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Dave at A1 Safes next to Bel Air G&P is the most reasonable I've run across. Cont Arms also sells and delivers but they have more expensive safes.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I too need to purchase a gun safe and I checked out a few safe companies over the holidays. As others have stated in this thread, A1 Uniform (an Industry Partner here at MDS) and Thompson Safes (in Frederick MD) will deliver and set up safes in your basement. I'm sure that I will wind up purchasing a safe from one of them.

Cal68

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thompson Safes will deliver. Talk to them about where you want it exactly.

They were fine quoting me into the garage to a specific placement. IIRC they have some issues with stairs.

Rickman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 31, 2012
    Port Deposit, MD
    Dave at A1 Safes next to Bel Air G&P is the most reasonable I've run across. Cont Arms also sells and delivers but they have more expensive safes.

Got my Liberty there. Took a few weeks to get it in but delivery was perfect. Set it exactly as I wanted it while I watched.

Last edited:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Thompson Safes was at the Frederick Gun Show last November, so they might also have a display at the Frederick Gun Show coming up in about 10 days. It might be a good opportunity to take a look at the range of safes that they have.

Cal68

ejholt

Feb 6, 2013
    Prolock in Fredricksburg, VA! My family has gotten 4 safes from them in the past 5 years. Great service and very professional. That had a bunch of tooling to get these big safes all over the house.

200 Chatham Heights Road, Fredericksburg, VA 22405
    (540) 373-2340

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom