• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    As a new shooter, who's been firing rounds like there's no tomorrow, I had never checked any ammo before that day. I was excited to finally have a little "extra" ammo and those 12 above were in the very first box...it's hard for me to make personal phone calls at work, but I did email 3 different people before finally getting any sort of response.

From what I was able to find, minimum OAL of a 9mm is 1.12" and those pictured were all under that, with the stubbiest being .998"...Most were in the 1.15-1.15" range.

Like I said though, they sent me a new box of 50 to make up for the 23 baby ones, so I was good with that.

Now as for their shipping, they SUCK...I ordered the last 1000 on January 14th, first thing in the morning. Here we are 8 days later and I literally just checked the status on their website, and it still says "Processing", which I think is BS. I already know it takes a full week once it's actually "shipped", but really can't understand why it takes over 2 weeks to get a prepaid order to you. :sad20: I guess if you want to save the money, you got to just suck it up and wait...lol. Still a great deal.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    The delayed shipping from Freedom has been observed before but fortunately it's not their normal SOP. Sometimes, especially when they are running a really popular sale, they appear to just get backed up. Lots of people posted about it several months ago when they had one of their earliest free shipping promotions and a good deal on .223 at the same time.

Usually they are fairly prompt; not super fast but they normally deliver in a reasonable time, maybe about 6-8 days. At least that's my experience, I've ordered from them 3 times over the last year or so.

denimdan85

Aug 12, 2014
    Hanover, PA
    I have only placed one order with them but I placed the order on a Tuesday and received it the following Monday. I am good with that considering it came from the west coast and the shipping was free.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have been very pleased with Freedom Munitions. All of the ammo we provided at the Dottrio Shooting event last year came from Freedom. Not a single issue with nearly 80 attendees shooting a large variety of firearms. Good stuff, great prices.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    My latest order with Freedom Munitions:

Thank you for your order e-mail, 01/21/2015 @ 10:03
    Your order has shipped e-mail, 01/21/2015
    UPS notification e-mail, 01/21/2015
    Expected delivery date, 01/28/2015

I wasn't too worried about delivery date or anything but thought they had a disclaimer on their site about UPS being 8-10 days behind.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    My latest order with Freedom Munitions:

Thank you for your order e-mail, 01/21/2015 @ 10:03
    Your order has shipped e-mail, 01/21/2015
    UPS notification e-mail, 01/21/2015
    Expected delivery date, 01/28/2015

I wasn't too worried about delivery date or anything but thought they had a disclaimer on their site about UPS being 8-10 days behind.

I just got notification my order placed 2 days ago shipped :thumbsup::thumbsup:

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Just called them...the hold up was ONE BOX of 50 I added to make it over the $200 cutoff for flat rate $5 shipping....that are on backorder, even though they said were IN STOCK when I ordered them...:sad20:

9mm 124 gr. XTP Hornady New Box of 50 $19.16

Unreal...you'd think they'd either call or email to see if I'd just cancel those, like I just did.

So, now mine ships today too...lol.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Shipment showed up today, 8 days from order date SWEET!!

1 round out of 500, not bad at all. I'll report back after a range trip.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Shipment showed up today, 8 days from order date SWEET!!

1 round out of 500, not bad at all. I'll report back after a range trip.

I got mine yesterday as well...14 days, but who's counting? lol :innocent0

Did you get "new" or "reman"? Mine checked out good.

My first order was new, and aside from the stubby ones (which I disposed of), and a few out of that same box FTE, they've been great. Obviously a lighter load than any other 9mm cartridges I have been using, but fine.

The batch I got yesterday was reman, so I'll also be curious about their quality until tomorrow after work when I head to the range. The price is very close between the 2, but the website said they didn't have 1,000 new in stock when I ordered.

Winterskies

Jan 3, 2015
    Trying them out

Just ordered 1000 rounds (I need practice). I'm trusting you guys and taking your reviews as positive.:thumbsup:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's also the cheapest place to buy bulk 147gr subsonic RN FMJ, which is my round of choice for general usage (good penetration, subsonic, and feeds nicely). I've never checked for bullet setback issues, although this thread is really making me think I should.

I wish their .223 reman ammo was as price-competitive as the 9mm.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    I just got my last 500 rnd shipment of new 115 gr 9mm. All right on the button. I've ordered maybe a half dozen times in the last few years with no issues.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I just got my last 500 rnd shipment of new 115 gr 9mm. All right on the button. I've ordered maybe a half dozen times in the last few years with no issues.

FWIW, my original order was made on 12/17/14, and I have "heard" that they hire "temps" to help fill orders near Christmas, so that may well have been the case in my initial order. Since I have a few 9mm eating firearms, I'll continue as a customer until either I run out of money or they run out of ammo...:D

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013

My first order was new, and aside from the stubby ones (which I disposed of), and a few out of that same box FTE, they've been great. Obviously a lighter load than any other 9mm cartridges I have been using, but fine.

The batch I got yesterday was reman, so I'll also be curious about their quality until tomorrow after work when I head to the range. The price is very close between the 2, but the website said they didn't have 1,000 new in stock when I ordered.

My order was for new only.

Another thread popped up today http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=168844

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1560389

I'll report back once I get to this range, this coming weekend hopefully.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    My order was for new only.

Another thread popped up today http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=168844

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1560389

I'll report back once I get to this range, this coming weekend hopefully.

Wow. Thanks for the links. I somehow missed that MDS thread.

I'm going tomorrow, and plan to only try the reman. I'll post back the results, good or bad. Coincidentally, my lame ammo was also bought/shipped just before Christmas like the guy on the Glock forum, so maybe there was a bad batch, or bad QC. BUT...since the boxes that contained any stubby bullets have been used, I haven't had any issues...knock on wood.

I had to email them 3 separate times, and called twice, before anyone would finally respond from there.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland

My first order was new.........

I went Friday afternoon and took 200 rounds of the 9mm "re-man"...something I had not shot with my little HiPoint carbine...which has always digested everything.

Had at least a dozen or more FTE, or stovepipes...I should have just waited for them to restock the "new", but I wanted to at least try the reloaded stuff... never will buy it again though.

FWIW, I don't even know if you can "limp wrist" a rifle, but to eliminate any operator error causing the stovepipes, I fired 100 rounds using a bench rest with same results...

On a side note, yesterday I took the wife to Freestate for the first time and rented a Ruger 22/45 I think it was. She loved it, so I guess as soon as the paperwork goes through for my XD, then I'll be shopping for a 22 pistol for her. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom