• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    There may be an issue that the SA has to be added to the roster also. It appears as though there is a different model designation. It would suck if that were the case, though.

I'll give Vince at Duffy's a call one of these days to see what he would need from me to try to get it added, if need be.

MBalleaux

Dec 14, 2014
    Has anyone got their hands on the new version?? A buddy of mine in VA let me shoot his original and man did I fall in love with it, trigger left a lot to be desired but other than that it was a phenomenal weapon. Would love a little insight as to what the new release is like.. any help would be appreciated.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Wonder if that CPL at the MSP could just add the SA to the list. Its the same pistol with a different trigger.

This TP9SA has me interested been seeing them for around $339 to $350 ... now I have to choose again between the CANIK or Steyr ??? Hmmmmm tough choices again...

I've been only lightly investigating this handgun as I already have a P99 AS that I like a whole lot, so may be off in this inquiry.
    As I understand it, one advantage of the original TP9 was the decocker with second strike capability, however the trigger was creepy and bothered some folks.
    In the new version there's a much improved trigger but the pistol is single-action. What's the point of a decocker then (seems a safety is a better option vs having to re rack and lose a round)? I presume that it would also lose second strike capability. But maybe I'm completely off on the above.
    If it is indeed an improved copy of the P99 AS and has the second strike capability (or "double action" mode after decocking), I'll probably get one too given the appealing price. Hickok45 had a video this last week which was very positive about the TP9 SA.

I've been only lightly investigating this handgun as I already have a P99 AS that I like a whole lot, so may be off in this inquiry.
    As I understand it, one advantage of the original TP9 was the decocker with second strike capability, however the trigger was creepy and bothered some folks.
    In the new version there's a much improved trigger but the pistol is single-action. What's the point of a decocker then (seems a safety is a better option vs having to re rack and lose a round)? I presume that it would also lose second strike capability. But maybe I'm completely off on the above.

I do not know that much about the tp9sa but I do know you can depress the decocker and then the take down tabs to remove the slide. You don't have to pull trigger like on a glock. I do not see how that is a big deal but some people like it.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    I do not know that much about the tp9sa but I do know you can depress the decocker and then the take down tabs to remove the slide. You don't have to pull trigger like on a glock. I do not see how that is a big deal but some people like it.

One less chance for something to go wrong - people get lazy and that's why the safety rules are redundant, to prevent harmful negligence. I appreciate my firearms that takedown without pulling the trigger, even if I verify each and every time that the chamber is empty.

ruffrocca

KingWayneTheGreat
    Mar 29, 2015
    Baltimore, MD
    Maaan I got got tired of waiting. Messed around and bought a new Glock. But i did get certified as a designated collector as well sooo aannyday now... in the mean time has anyone actually shot the tp9sa?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom