• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    That one in the classifieds could be a great deal. I would be all over it if I didn't have one and wasn't getting a 336Y for a shorty brush gun.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Look around for a Glenfield 30A.

It's a Marlin 336.

Great gun.

Disregard. Asshats on GB are asking 400 bucks for beaters.

I second the Glenfield if he can find one. I occasionally see really nice ones, sometimes like new, at local shows for about $350. Same goes for the Marlin 336. I'll see nice ones priced about $50 more.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have had some very great deals offered to me. I'm waiting to hear from his mom. Seems like the little fellow has gotten himself in a little scholastic trouble. My bet would be that the greatest uncle in the world will have to wait. As some have pointed out, it's the most plentiful rifle available for resale.

I'm hoping his issues aren't too bad and his mom and dad will be okay, but my wife said that at this time the rifle is probably not going to happen. This is my wife's side of the family, so I must tread lightly.

Jim Smith

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD
    I have had some very great deals offered to me. I'm waiting to hear from his mom. Seems like the little fellow has gotten himself in a little scholastic trouble. My bet would be that the greatest uncle in the world will have to wait. As some have pointed out, it's the most plentiful rifle available for resale.

I'm hoping his issues aren't too bad and his mom and dad will be okay, but my wife said that at this time the rifle is probably not going to happen. This is my wife's side of the family, so I must tread lightly.

Jim Smith

Nothing prevents you from taking up on a good deal, and just keeping it yourself until other things work out.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Nothing prevents you from taking up on a good deal, and just keeping it yourself until other things work out.

That is an option as well. However, I'm the type of guy that would pressure his mom and dad to give it to him anyway. We've talked and they will make a decision by the end of the week. I told them I would do whatever they wanted.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom