• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    To put things in perspective, the #1 most dangerous job is being a fisherman:

Fatalities: 129 per 100,000 workers
    Reported Injuries: 61 per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $27,950

Let's now consider the skills needed to be a policeman which ranks at #12:

Fatalities: 16 per 100,000 workers
    Reported Injuries: 3 per 100,000 workers
    Salary: $51,410

more cops than there are fisherman and comparing them is apples and oranges... do fish violently resist arrest?

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    o all the LEOs and teachers: thanks for what you do!

thanx KevP but we owe you a greater debt of gratitude me thinks

haven't heard of "killer whales"

ok ok lol you got me... alot of stuff in LE that is life threatening i.e. driving priority, defensive tactics, shootouts, and everyones fav search warrants has become safer as a result of better training, better tactics and absolutely better equipment. Our SWAT callouts went form average of 3 a month down to 8 or so a year when shields and tazers were introduced

as for fishing... I'm no pro... damm I can lose more lures and bait than probably anyone on the forum

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    Those hooks are sharp...you could get a major infection. I'm afraid of fishing

I've concluded that although I have unreal charisma and good looks... the fish arent interested so I use energetic materials to convince them to surface... so far all good as I bag my limit and then some

They still like the police up that way??? Carroll County just went to a PD and ousted MSP

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I've concluded that although I have unreal charisma and good looks... the fish arent interested so I use energetic materials to convince them to surface... so far all good as I bag my limit and then some

They still like the police up that way??? Carroll County just went to a PD and ousted MSP

Thats a great idea.....Be a Police Negotiator to the fish!!! "Come on out bass, we will not hurt you we just want to help" :lol2::lol:

Do you live in Carroll?

I was just told last week that the Resident Tprs are getting reassigned to Aviation and retrained as Flight Paramedics. thats the dumbest thing i've heard.

are CCSO full service or are then now CCPD?

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    Sorry if I was a part of the thread being redirected, and I was def. NOT bragging about anything in my post. I was only trying to make a statment about careers like teaching, police, etc. and how the pay scale is not equal to the importance of the job. My dad didnt get paid near what he should as a LEO.

I agree with Norton on much of this, as a music teacher I dont really have weekends, nights, or all of the summer off. And I dont get paid for these activities except for a yearly stipend that ends up being about 75 cents and hour. Yes, teachers do complain a bit to much as a group and that reflects on the profession. However when a Safeway manager position requiring no experience is advertised with a salary 8K over what I make I have to go Hmmmmm.

Trying to get back on topic, LE and teaching do have one thing in common, usually the people going into these fields do the job because it is what they love and truly enjoy. I am my wife are both teachers and we do "ok", but each month when bills are due it does get tough sometime, especially over the summer. I also think LE is a good career choice as long as your getting into it for the right reasons. Good luck to anyone going for this job.

I'm only responding to what you said in RED. I don't care what one's profession is. WE as a people should live within our means, all of us, there for tough times really shouldn't happen. If you loose your job you should be able to handle being out of work for sometime. So if your income is 20K a year then you should live like it is. Our lowest earners in this country that think they are in poverty watching HBO on the big screen don't know what poverty is and they are living better than many of the so called rich in 3rd world countries.

Really, look how many of us live way beyond our income and then when something happens we go bank rupt or the Libtards bail us out. Here we are bitching about the government out of control and many Americans are living the same way.

If you live well within your means you will be a much happier person because your not always trying to figure out how to pay your bills.

Sorry for the rant it's just the strong conservative in me.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD

Its easy to kill a whale I jump in its throat and clog his blow hole. Ill fist that blow hole till he hemmorages. Ill show that whale how pinochio rolls.

F- the whales, f them all. Nuke them SOB's

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I'm only responding to what you said in RED. I don't care what one's profession is. WE as a people should live within our means, all of us, there for tough times really shouldn't happen. If you loose your job you should be able to handle being out of work for sometime. So if your income is 20K a year then you should live like it is. Our lowest earners in this country that think they are in poverty watching HBO on the big screen don't know what poverty is and they are living better than many of the so called rich in 3rd world countries.

Really, look how many of us live way beyond our income and then when something happens we go bank rupt or the Libtards bail us out. Here we are bitching about the government out of control and many Americans are living the same way.

If you live well within your means you will be a much happier person because your not always trying to figure out how to pay your bills.

Sorry for the rant it's just the strong conservative in me.
    I couldn't agree with you more! A lot of people that I know live way above their means and as a result, they're not happy with life.

jaypark

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 29, 2009
    peoples republic of MOCO
    Do you live in Carroll?

I was just told last week that the Resident Tprs are getting reassigned to Aviation and retrained as Flight Paramedics. thats the dumbest thing i've heard.

are CCSO full service or are then now CCPD?

realllllly now that is just dumb.... sigh

Its easy to kill a whale I jump in its throat and clog his blow hole. Ill fist that blow hole till he hemmorages. Ill show that whale how pinochio rolls.

F- the whales, f them all. Nuke them SOB's

Clan whales are responsible for stopping global warming... stop the slaughter in the potomac... my prius can only do so much

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom