• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    75 year anniversary bump!!
    I hope the new MDS C&R guys find this of interest (the older guys have been subjected to this for a few years already :D)

As always-comments, questions, concerns, corrections, and most importantly pictures of your favorite Finn rifles are always welcomed!

Happy Pre-Turkey Day

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Not my picture because the rifle isn't here yet, but it should be at my door on Friday.:D
    n8o326a.jpg

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I'm sure a Finnish soldier uttered the words :"Tulla ja ottaa" at some point after being confronted by Stalin's Horde. The defending of Stalingrad from the Germans was an Honorable under taking, The invasion of Finland was not.

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    I'm sure a Finnish soldier uttered the words :"Tulla ja ottaa" at some point after being confronted by Stalin's Horde. The defending of Stalingrad from the Germans was an Honorable under taking, The invasion of Finland was not.

The phrase in my signature (Antaa tulla vaan!) is the best translation for Molon Labe in Finnish. It means, "Bring it on!". My Finnish friends say, "come and take it" doesn't translate properly in Finnish speech.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Schweeeet! I've not read this thread before, so thanks for the bump. Very, very interesting! Never had an interest in Finn firearms before, but now thing a Finn Winter War gun could be a pretty cool thing to have.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The phrase in my signature (Antaa tulla vaan!) is the best translation for Molon Labe in Finnish. It means, "Bring it on!". My Finnish friends say, "come and take it" doesn't translate properly in Finnish speech.

Antaa tulla vaan!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Tomorrow is going to be quite busy, so I figured I'd give this thread a little early bump for its fifth anniversary. Time sure flies and I still have zero chance to update any of the older pics.
    Happy Thanksgiving to my MDS family and hope some of the new members out there can take away something cool from this old thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom