• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    My Glock 34 shoots great groups but I shoot it low left. I have moved the back sight all the way to the right to bring my point of impact to the right. Is there anything else I can do to move the poi to the right? Is there a chance the barrel is pointing to the left? Or is it possible to fix my shooting problem with a barrel that is pointing a little to the right?

I asked others to shoot my Glock and it still has a propensity to shoot to the left but not nearly as bad as it does for me. I know my mechanics are to blame for most of the problem. On the other hand, I have shot numerous other 9mm guns and I shoot just slightly to the left with those guns when the rear sight is in the center position. Its strange to me that shooting to the left is more a problem with my Glock then other friends guns, Sig, MP, XDM.

How can I make my Glock shoot more to the right? Trying to line up the sights quickly with the back sight all the way to the right is tough. Maybe I just need to get another gun. I really like that Glock though.

Thanks,
    Eric

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Benchrest the pistol, fully supported...fire a controlled group. Does it still shoot to the left?

You need to determine if your gun is really shooting to the left or your shooting method causes it to shoot left.

Then you can work on a solution.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    If its the gun... Drifting the rear sight should get you centered.

If its you... A good shooting coach should be able to get you centered as well. But dont do the same thing and expect a different result. Youre going to program that error into muscle memory or into a bad shooting habit.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    So you shoot at least a little to left with other 9mms, but the 34 shoots more to the left?

If that's the case, I think it's a shooting mechanics problem. The 34 could be shooting more left because with the longer barrel, the bullet is effected by your hand for a fraction more time. Left and low is generally a sign of jerking the trigger. Also your finger may not be far enough around the trigger.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    probably trigger related, glocks come with crappy triggers. with the g34 you should already have the lighter connector, but get the glockworks 3 spring trigger pull lightening kit, and check out the .25 cent trigger job. having a lighter, smoother trigger should help get rid of some of your issue.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    So you shoot at least a little to left with other 9mms, but the 34 shoots more to the left?

If that's the case, I think it's a shooting mechanics problem. The 34 could be shooting more left because with the longer barrel, the bullet is effected by your hand for a fraction more time. Left and low is generally a sign of jerking the trigger. Also your finger may not be far enough around the trigger.

Could be compounded by the honking' big grip on the G

Like Z says, try more finger, not the tip or pad

I suggest modified Weaver stance over Isosceles so you can loosen your excessive right hand grip. Push forward with the web between thumb and index finger (relax your right hand a little), stabilize/balance by pulling back with your left hand

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The 34 is capable of very good accuracy out of the box. It may be your shooting methodology.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 592

Pablopac

pablopac
    Aug 7, 2012
    I have seen this with cross dominance issues. (Right handed with left eye dominant).
    Bench it and then a coach or just an experienced shooter might observe you.

NormH3

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 31, 2011
    Delaware
    I have seen this with cross dominance issues. (Right handed with left eye dominant).
    Bench it and then a coach or just an experienced shooter might observe you.

Will agree with this. I'm left eye right handed. Fixed it by closing both eyes. :)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Probably the most common issue people have shooting GLOCKs, the vast majority of the time the pistol will shoot to point of aim with the sights centered out of the box with good technique. Save mods till you have a few successful boxes of ammo through it, or after a coach helps you get used to it. Seems between the trigger and grip shape GLOCKs specifically magnify trigger push or slap, an off center grip, and breaking the wrist during the shot. First thing to try is to rotate the grip slightly to the right in your hand, put your finger deeper onto the trigger, and the backstrap further twards your thumb.

The trigger is designed to be 2 stage, take up the light slack, then squeeze slow and steady till the shot fires, hold the trigger to the rear, and let it forward just to the reset point after recoil. Plenty of people treat it like a long steady pull, and end up pushing or slapping as a result, you have to press the trigger straight to the rear, it can flex enough to change position and throw off shots more than most. Once you get it right though it should shoot dead straight or at least within a couple inches. There is a learning curve going to any new pistol, work on the fundementals, especially a pistol with GLOCK's temeperment, and your body will retain the technique every time you pick one up.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Low and left is a classic trigger pull problem.
    You trigger pull is not smooth.

Shoot more. A lot more and focus on gentle application of pressure on the trigger. SLOW SMOOTH pulls straight back.

Practice - Practice - Practice.

If that doesn't work, give the gun to me. :)

justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    I have a Rugger 22/45 and it does not shoot low left. I also don't suffer from shooting left nearly as much with other 9mm guns. It seems that me and the Glock and I don't get along.

This past year I have shot it in, 3-Gun, 2-Gun, IDPA, USPSA, Bianci Cup and Steel Challenge matches. I also talked to competitors and they say my hold is perfect.

I do use the pad of my trigger finger since that is how I shoot a rifle. I suspect that I am pushing the gun with my trigger pull and the consequences are exaggerated with the Glock. I probably shot 2000+ rounds out of the gun last year and for the most part I was very successful at hitting what I was aiming at. All be it, I was not shooting for bull's-eyes and group.

I'm trying to decide if I want to give up the Glock and go with a gun that is more friendly to my shooting style (problem). On the other hand, I would like to see if there are any other mechanical solutions that I can use to help out with my Glock. For example a different barrel or an adjustment. I already have the stock back sight pushed all the way to the right. I also had the trigger worked on by a Glocksmith at the VA gun show.

Can I dry fire the Glock without a snap cap? Will that cause damage to the firing pin?

Thanks to everyone for your responses!
    Eric

Scottysan

Ultimate Member
    May 19, 2008
    Maryland
    These guys are spot on. Trigger pull.
    I've got a G34 and had the same problem, I'm not a glock guy, and I had to re-program my trigger pull for it.
    First thing I was told was to google it. Like 58 million hits... it's a prob for many of us...

Training, practice... sllllooooowwww pull so you can see what your finger is doing while you're not looking...

Walton Feep

Sep 29, 2012
    I shot left a lot when I first started. Follow the advice about trigger position and pull. But I also improved when I concentrated more on squeezing the front strap straight back toward the base of my thumb/web of my hand with the middle sections of my middle two fingers. This kept me from curling my fingertips and squeezing the left side of the grip with my fingertips as the shot broke. Imagine a vice squeezing the front and back straps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom