• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    It's a good alternative to the PA Micro with fixed base, especially since the emitter is in a good spot (4-o-clock, IIRC). A lot of people got 'em when they were being blown out at super-cheap prices. I've thought about grabbing one for temporary duty on various rifles.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    you can get one with a removeable riser to co witness on an ar for almost the same price.

google bushnell ar optics trs 25

I even saw one at walmart for $ 109

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    i bought the TRS 25 with the riser rail at PSA when they had free shipping over 100. it was 69.99. i figured riser for less than 10 bucks... not the best plan.

the optic mounts to the riser just fine, however, the riser, at first appears to mount well to the flat top rail, but it will slide forwards and backwards maybe an 1/8 of an inch, because the "block" holding it in between the rails is too narrow. also if you screw the pressure plate on backwards it doesn't sit well.

UTG QD riser and it looks like it will work much better. It is clearly not an aimpoint, but it is very clear, and feels sturdy for less than 70 bucks. i haven't shot my AR with the optic mounted yet, so i can't comment on its accuracy and how well it holds 0

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    In case anyone is wondering, I've put over 200 rounds of .45 Colt through my Winchester with this sight on it, including some +P loads, and had no problems keeping zero with this sight.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I fired mine last weekend using the one that came with the riser.
    I'm not an accuracy buff so my report may not help anyone here as far as zero.
    I don't have mine co witnessed with the front sight. I was cracking multiple fast shots at a 4" diameter circle from about 50 yards. That's good enough for me.

I do have an issue though. I'm new to rail systems. When I take the sight off and put it back on I can't get it right every time. I crank it down, it's on there but is loose. Is this a spacing issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom