• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I mailed my application last week (G&S) and received an email from our friendly Sgt. Knaub this morning informing me that I needed to mail my livescan receipt to him within 30 days or my application would be "disapproved".

I'm going to mail it, of course, but could find nothing on their web site which indicated that I should have sent the receipt to begin with. The receipt number is annotated on the application so I 'thought' that would be enough.

Edit to add: Yep, it's right there on the application and I missed it.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    i was gonna tell you where it was but you figured it out.

good luck.

Thanks. Just applying with my version of G&S..."palpable need" and all. I really don't expect much. I will say that I was mildly impressed by how quickly they got back to me to ask for the documents and that they did not just outright deny my application for my oversight.

We shall see.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I will say that I was mildly impressed by how quickly they got back to me to ask for the documents and that they did not just outright deny my application for my oversight.

Ha.

The bar is set pretty low huh? :o

I'd love for someone to successfully argue this palpable need. :thumbsup:

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    See above your post. His G&S is just that, per Woollard. ;)

Yep. I used "palpable need" and an explanation that nobody but me could determine that for myself.

I also included a comment that the should not be using S&S, but should rely on Woollard as controlling.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I mailed my application last week (G&S) and received an email from our friendly Sgt. Knaub this morning informing me that I needed to mail my livescan receipt to him within 30 days or my application would be "disapproved".

I'm going to mail it, of course, but could find nothing on their web site which indicated that I should have sent the receipt to begin with. The receipt number is annotated on the application so I 'thought' that would be enough.

Edit to add: Yep, it's right there on the application and I missed it.

Keeping Knaub on his toes. lol

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    At the very least we know he's still in the game and has not been moved.

I sent him a very polite reply thanking him for notifying me and that my paperwork would be in the mail today.

Should have just emailed it to him. They won't offer that option unless pressed, but they can accept it via email. Want his email address? :innocent0

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Should have just emailed it to him. They won't offer that option unless pressed, but they can accept it via email. Want his email address? :innocent0

Thanks, but I have it cause he emailed me this morning. At this point I'm trying to color inside the lines...sugar instead of vinegar and all that jazz. I'll mail it and see how it all shakes out.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Thanks, but I have it cause he emailed me this morning. At this point I'm trying to color inside the lines...sugar instead of vinegar and all that jazz. I'll mail it and see how it all shakes out.

Reply with the email too. He emailed you, so not like you are intruding. I had several emails with him and supplied him items via email.

DadOSix

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 25, 2013
    Allegany Co.
    Now you guys have me wondering...

I sent mine in a few weeks back and I don't recall if I put a copy in there or not. Haven't heard a peep from MSP, so maybe I did. But you have me wondering!

I guess if there was a problem, I would have heard by now.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Now you guys have me wondering...

I sent mine in a few weeks back and I don't recall if I put a copy in there or not. Haven't heard a peep from MSP, so maybe I did. But you have me wondering!

I guess if there was a problem, I would have heard by now.

They put a spot to type in the number they need. Why they need to be so redundant absolutely having the receipt too, is government pure and simple.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Why is Knaub still there? I thought I heard numerous confirmations of his impending transfer?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Why is Knaub still there? I thought I heard numerous confirmations of his impending transfer?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Insert gratuitous Sciurus carolinensis here;

86342187.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom