• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Trying to get some advice:

other than selling online on Gunbroker, what are other mediums of selling firearms that are Banned from FSA2013?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Walk around a gunshow in PA with a "for sale" sign, or call around and offer it to dealers in PA. There's also Armslist, which is a lot less complicated than Gunbroker.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    What is it? I'd sell an AR on MDS as a complete upper in one transaction and a lower in another transaction. If an AK, I'd trade in to a dealer and let them deal with it.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Consign to an out of state dealer. You cannot offer for sake wgile in MD. That means you have to leave the state even to list it on Gunbroker or other online site.

If it is an AR you can sell the upper and lower separately without leaving the state. You can also put a HBAR on a banned AR and sell it FTF.(I know, it would still be registered to you. But you can do it and get a bill of sale)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    There is nothing illegal with putting it on consignment with a MD FFL. But he'd have to have an out of state way of advertising it.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Successfully sue the state of MD to have the ban overturned, and sell (legally) in MD.

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    There is nothing illegal with putting it on consignment with a MD FFL. But he'd have to have an out of state way of advertising it.

I think FFL's are exempt from the rules, they can offer for sale while they are in Maryland, just not to Marylanders.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You can sell a pre-ban complete lower?

To another MD resident through an FFL? Yes. But the buyer is not grandfathered for barrel profile like the original owner is.

Or you can mate it with an HBAR upper and sell the complete rifle FTF. I wouldn't do it FTF if the lower was MD-registered to me, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom