• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneRanger

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 22, 2009
    Like I said, you would get the joke if you attended the last two meetings. We will see if things change on the 21st.

Looking at google maps, I think the location is located above Biglots, but I could be wrong. Public Saftey and correctional is on the 2nd floor, and the meeting supposed to be on 1st floor.

Just a thugs walk from Mondawmin Mall........

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    After much go around- they are conducting a review, no you have to go back to MSP, no a review, no we don't know, I just received written confirmation that I will have an actual hearing which will be held on the 21st. See you all there.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    After much go around- they are conducting a review, no you have to go back to MSP, no a review, no we don't know, I just received written confirmation that I will have an actual hearing which will be held on the 21st. See you all there.

:thumbsup:

31Vej78yTXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I am still waiting on a response on my list of questions to Ms. Street. I even emailed her again today to ask if she received my request. Still waiting.....

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

I hate to admit it, but with all the posting on the subject, I have lost track of the reason for the denial. Please give me a short refresher.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

I had a nice chat with your partner the other day. I invited him to chat with you on this. I take it he did so.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I went on a recon mission this morning on the way up to Towson. I stopped by the DPSCS office at 6776 Reisterstown Rd. as a dry run for the meeting on Tuesday. Upon arrival, I informed the guard at the entrance why I was there and was immediately met with... "You can't go there..."(I mistakenly entered the North Tower "secure" entrance). I explained that the HPRB meetings were being held there next week and I wanted to be sure I was at the right place. After a 45 minute fact-finding mission that I, and 7 other DPSCS employees (all with that "deer in the headlights" look) embarked on, we figured out what we think was the answer to my question. I had clicked on a link that had "Room 310". That would be in a restricted area of their site and the logistics of that area would be near impossible to accomodate. So... after checking the correct sight, one of the employees walked me to the "Testing Site and Conference Room DPSCS Suite 100" where the meetings are going to be held. I have drawn a crude map that points to the entrance that attendees must use on the SOUTH Tower, as the North Tower is a restricted entrance. If, in fact, the Testing Site and Conference Room is, indeed, the room that will be utilized... it is very spacious(double room with collapsable wall) with adequate seating for 50-75(?... both sides w/wall closed) people. When entering the door at the rear of the building, "Suite 100 DPSCS" door is about 50 ft. in on the right side of the hall. It was unclear as to whether the door to suite 100 would be manned or not as it is locked but does have a doorbell for admittance. The meeting room is near the end of that corridor on the left.

PS...All of the people that I came in contact with at the DPSCS were extremely courteous and couldn't have been more helpful and I acknowledged each of them for being so...

Attachments

• HPRB meeting site.jpg
      HPRB meeting site.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 447

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I went on a recon mission this morning on the way up to Towson. I stopped by the DPSCS office at 6776 Reisterstown Rd. as a dry run for the meeting on Tuesday. Upon arrival, I informed the guard at the entrance why I was there and was immediately met with... "You can't go there..."(I mistakenly entered the North Tower "secure" entrance). I explained that the HPRB meetings were being held there next week and I wanted to be sure I was at the right place. After a 45 minute fact-finding mission that I, and 7 other DPSCS employees (all with that "deer in the headlights" look) embarked on, we figured out what we think was the answer to my question. I had clicked on a link that had "Room 310". That would be in a restricted area of their site and the logistics of that area would be near impossible to accomodate. So... after checking the correct sight, one of the employees walked me to the "Testing Site and Conference Room DPSCS Suite 100" where the meetings are going to be held. I have drawn a crude map that points to the entrance that attendees must use on the SOUTH Tower, as the North Tower is a restricted entrance. If, in fact, the Testing Site and Conference Room is, indeed, the room that will be utilized... it is very spacious(double room with collapsable wall) with adequate seating for 50-75(?... both sides w/wall closed) people. When entering the door at the rear of the building, "Suite 100 DPSCS" door is about 50 ft. in on the right side of the hall. It was unclear as to whether the door to suite 100 would be manned or not as it is locked but does have a doorbell for admittance. The meeting room is near the end of that corridor on the left.

PS...All of the people that I came in contact with at the DPSCS were extremely courteous and couldn't have been more helpful and I acknowledged each of them for being so...

Hey, I don't see a parking space for a light tank? ;)

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    i blew a couple minds yesterday with the fact that the wear and carry permit allows people to carry other dangerous weapons other than guns, like nunchucks and switchblades.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Parking shouldn't be a problem, but DO take the time to put away valuables and lock your doors. This is not a barracks in Glen Burnie...

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    What is the parking situation?
    This...vvvv
    Parking is no problem. It is a mall...
    This...vvvv
    Parking shouldn't be a problem, but DO take the time to put away valuables and lock your doors. This is not a barracks in Glen Burnie...

So, pray tell, what is the purpose in attending this meeting? Lobby for a policy change?

Yes... and change is evident by the fact that the meetings have been moved to a more adequate facility. Future meetings should be showing more signs of improvement... like the "closed" portions of the hearings. This Board has not been held accountable for their transgressions for many years. With a new political climate in Maryland(read: "There's a new Sheriff in town..."), the Board is now being scrutinized more so than they have been... in the last 15 years. As someone said previously, it really is sad to see so many people grovel at the Govt's feet to exercise a God-given Right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom