• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Yeah, tell that to the folks of Charlie Hebdo and innocent civilians in France.

Look, I'm not bemoaning you for using an angle and playing the game; if I could, I would too.

I'm Pissed at the game! You don't have any more heightened scrutiny than any other US Citizen. PERIOD! But so much for equal protection.

Keep moving forward, we need more permits in general.

I was right bro........

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Interesting that one of her investigation methods is to "see" if you look "crazy". Are the MSP investigating Troopers licensed mental health professionals?

Slightly subjective if I do say so, but,.... they know it when they see it, so.....

I kept thinking about this post when I was there.. :lol2:
    My wife dared me to put on a Tourette display at the interview.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That might be it.

Serious question - have any states with democrat controlled legislatures expanded Second Amendment rights in recent memory?

Illinois two(?) years ago went shall issue, from no issue. It was court directed, but they did it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Half right.

Here is a copy of the Maine bill. No mention it only applies to residents.

Page
    -
    127LR0280(19)
    -
    STATE OF MAINE
    _____
    IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORDTWO THOUSAND AND FIFTEEN
    _____
    S.P. 245
    -
    L.D. 652
    An Act To Authorize the Carrying of Concealed Handguns without a Permit
    Be it enacted by the People of the State of Maine as follows:
    Sec. 1.
    12 MRSA §11212
    , sub
    -
    §1, ¶B,
    as amended by PL 2005, c. 477, §9,
    is
    further amended to read:
    B.
    A person may not, while in or on a motor vehicle or in or on a trailer or other type
    of vehicle being hauled by a motor vehicle, have a cocked and armed crossbow or a
    firearm with a cartridge or shell in the chamber or in an attached magazine, clip or
    cylinder or a muzzle-loading firearm charged with powder, lead and a primed ignition
    device or mechanism, except that a person who is 21 years of age or older and is not otherwise prohibited from possessing a firearm or is
    18 years of age or older and under 21 years of age and is on
    active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard or
    is an
    honorably discharged veteran of the Armed Forces of the United States or the National Guard and is not otherwise prohibited from carrying a firearm
    may have in or on a motor vehicle or trailer or other type of vehicle a loaded pistol or revolver covered by that permi
    According to the Maine State Police summary attached, anyone can carry without a permit after Oct 15, not just residents. you will need to inform LE upon contact if CCW without a permit.

From the law
    Sec. 4.
    25 MRSA §2003
    -
    A
    is enacted to read:
    §200
    -
    A. Duty to inform law enforcementWhen an individual who is carrying a concealed handgun pursuant to the authority of
    this chapter and who does not have a valid permit to carry a concealed handgun that has
    been issued as provided in this chapter first comes into contact with any law enforcement
    officer of this State or its political subdivisions or a federal law enforcement officer
    during the course of any arrest, detainment or routine traffic stop, that individual shall
    immediately inform that law enforcement officer of the fact that the individual is carrying
    a concealed handgun.

Attachments

• Summaryoflaw.pdf
      34.8 KB · Views: 106
    Last edited:

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Illinois two(?) years ago went shall issue, from no issue. It was court directed, but they did it.

Sort of. The options they had were: do nothing, and basically have FOID carry be the default law, or pass may-issue, or pass shall-issue. Both sides didn't like the FOID carry (our side wouldn't have pre-emption, their side wouldn't get the extra requirements like training and fees). So when forced, shall-issue easily won over may-issue.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Only for residents of ME, non-residents still need permits and new requirement to immediately notify LEO during traffic stop.

But great news anyway!

Looks like that's only for those w/o permits, or maybe recognized permits. Their new reciprocity law (still not in effect until October I think) will be a "You recognize us, we recognize you" law just like WV,FL, CO and others.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    LE notification is for those carrying without a permit. see my post above.

Permitless carry will apply to everyone, not just residents.

Effective date Oct 15, 2015

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    LE notification is for those carrying without a permit. see my post above.

Permitless carry will apply to everyone, not just residents.

Effective date Oct 15, 2015

But will that be for reciprocal permits only or any permit? Though they'll be ConCarry, they technically won't recognize all other permits.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    if there is no reciprocity then they are technically carrying permitless, so notification will be required.

IANAL.

is that the question?

SCDoGo

Dec 6, 2014
    Iowa in 2011 passed shall-issue with a Dem House, Senate and Governor. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20100429/iowa-s-governor-signs-shall-issue-bill-1

IMO much of it has to do with urban/suburb as compared to rural politicians, sometimes even more so than Dem v. GOP.

Having recently moved from the midwest, the Iowa democrats are very different from our democrats. Iowa is largely D for one main reason, farmers. Farm subsidies are a way of life out there. Many democrats out there are opposed to a good portion of the more liberal agenda, especially concerning guns and welfare programs (farmers excluded, of course). There is still a feeling, however, that going back to the great depression and FDR, the democrats are the ones that saved the farmers.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Having recently moved from the midwest, the Iowa democrats are very different from our democrats. Iowa is largely D for one main reason, farmers. Farm subsidies are a way of life out there. Many democrats out there are opposed to a good portion of the more liberal agenda, especially concerning guns and welfare programs (farmers excluded, of course). There is still a feeling, however, that going back to the great depression and FDR, the democrats are the ones that saved the farmers.

Leave it to the leftists to bilk the taxpayers to pay farmers to lower production to keep prices inflated. Still going on today.. We pay 200% the world rate for sugar. You ever wonder too why so much damn corn is grown here? :innocent0

350px-Farm-bill.jpg

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Even if the proverial astroid hit the hypothetical State House, the replacements would still be elected from martymandered districts. Would create a free for all with everyone having zero seniority.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom