• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    For about fifty buck go to walmart and buy a pre paid cell phone. No name or address needed to use this phone.

Be careful about recording the activities. I believe you need to post a sign stating that your property is being recorded.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    at least its an old man with pills. i'd be more concerned with the riff raff going in and out. pill feinds can be just as bad as dope/ crack heads.

molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    So having been is EMS for 30 years in California and Wisconsin do you mean to tell me gunshots are not reportable to law enforcement in this state by the first responders? What about scene safety? Do they just charge in BP cuffs and stethoscopes blazing?? I know the ED has to since I work in a hospital.

Curious minds want to know.

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    So having been is EMS for 30 years in California and Wisconsin do you mean to tell me gunshots are not reportable to law enforcement in this state by the first responders? What about scene safety? Do they just charge in BP cuffs and stethoscopes blazing?? I know the ED has to since I work in a hospital.

yea something is fishy, which is why i said supposedly. My neighbor talked to the guy who was supposedly shot. He had a leg wound and said the dealer shot him. This was just a week after EMS was at the dealers house so that all lines up. I know a druggies word isn't worth much, but at least his timeline is correct.
    Sgt at the precinct is telling us there was no shooting.

like i said, something fishy going on.

jimd27

Nov 12, 2011
    I also live in canton just a couple blocks north of the can company. Shoot me a pm with some more details, i'd like to get involved. We're in a decent neighborhood and i dont want to see it turn to crap.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    You could fill a baggy with rat poison and label it with whatever the street name is for today's hottest illicit drug. Then, toss it onto his front porch and wait for hilarity to ensue.

Nixon

Jun 28, 2010
    Do you go to your neighborhood association meetings? They can be very helpful in situations like this and the people who actually take time to go to these meetings care a lot about issues like this.

JOBU

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2010
    STALAG Montgomery
    Report, report, report. The more the PD has, the more they will have justification to re-direct units and increase their surveillance.

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    So sad to hear this - I hope you get it resolved. This type of thing is one of the many reasons that I left Canton and Baltimore City about 14 years ago. I was worse then... At that time Canton hadn't really been "gentrified" yet..

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Just a fwiw nothing annoys me than a person with an attitude stating you will do what I want you to even if you have no pc because my taxes pay your salary

understood, but to be fair, nothing annoys a homeowner more than to be nickel and dimed with taxes, fees, parking fines, and registration fees and then see some guy openly dealing heroin on the corner and nothing ever happens to him. if everyone in the neighborhood knows who the drug dealer is, and they have called the police multiple times, yet all they see are cops writing parking tix, then it becomes very difficult for the average person to not become extremely cynical on the importance of "revenue generation" versus "public safety" when it comes to law enforcement. I know many things go on behind the scenes and many LEO's are just as frustrated when their hands are tied due to politics or procedure, but it is hard to fault a homeowner for getting irate over dealing with drug/crime bs on a daily basis.

:thumbsup:

It's always reported. If the call comes in as a "sick case" or something similarly benign because the caller doesn't disclose it's a shooting (which happens) EMS reports it to PD.

That being said, I wouldn't trust a junkie saying he got shot and nobody reported it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    In md (or at least I know in pg county) if someone says they are shot pg has to investigate it like an attempted murder even if the patient is uncooperative. In dc if they are completely uncooperative we do an incident report not an offense report and it's labeled injured citizen to the hospital. It doesn't count toward any crime statistics you all may read or see.

Hmmm? Wonder why violent crime is going down?

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Make sure your home security plan is up to the task of stopping a crackhead that wants some quick cash...

Teemus

MSI Executive Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Now I'm not defending the Baltimore Keystone Kops here, but allow me to give you a little bit of truth about investigations.

Let's say that I'm a cop on the beat (a grade E-1 if you will) and you report this to me. I'm going to say, "OK, thanks for the information." I'm going to pass it along up the line and that is that. They won't tell me if they are going to make a big thing out of this or not. I'll get the same line that you got. The reason for this is simple. At the upper level of narcotics (maybe even the federal level) they might be doing a major investigation into this guy, his suppliers, his bank accounts, everything. If I (or anyone else in the police department) was to tell you something like "Oh yeah. We know all about this guy. He is the subject of a major investigation and we are going to bring some serious S**t down on him and soon. But keep this to yourself." There is no way they will ever tell you if they are or are not doing anything about this guy. For one thing, they may be in the middle of a serious investigation elsewhere in the area and this guy will be swept up in that investigation when the S**T STORM begins.

Bottom line is, loose lips sink ships.

If you want to do something they do it quitely. Become a wealth of information about the guy. Write down the tag numbers of every car that parks anywhere near his house. Record the date and time that the cars were there. Get a good, low light camera and begin taking photos of EVERYONE who enters and leaves the cars near his house. Document EVERYTHING with times, dates, and take note of EVERYTHING that ANYONE says. Enhance you listening abilities by purchasing a parabolic listening device (a small dish with a microphone at the focal point). You can get them at spy shops on the internet. Record everything on a digital recorder and make sure that you put a date/time at the start of every recording by saying something like "Today ia January 7th, 2012 and it is 8:36 p.m."

Periodcially turn all of this information over to someone in the narcotics team at the police department. But NEVER give up you only copy of it. You may need it later. Develop a relationship with some officer in that department and let them know that you are a consistent RIVER of solid, documented, dated, objective information that they can use in court. Ask the cops what kind of information would be appropriate. If the Keystone Kops don't respond in a positive way to this, then go to the feds. Remember what I said about not giving up your only copy of this information? Well, I know this sounds incredibly impossible but you might run into one of the Keystone Kops who is corrupt and is actually working for the drug dealer. I know, I know, that sounds impossible, but think about the towing scandal that took place last year involving about 30 of the Keystone Kops. This leads me to my final warning.

You must only provide this information as anonymously as possible to low level cops. Let them know that you are providing it to federal authorities at the same time as they are getting it. This will prevent any bought-off cops from offing you to prevent any further investigations. Move cautiously! Trust NO ONE! If you want to enter this fight, do it all the way and know that the road ahead is fraught with danger from all sides.

Good luck and God bless.

Sirex