• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    so there is an old man on my block dealing drugs. From what i gather, he and his mom are both on tons of prescription medications and he sells them to whomever.

he has had homeless people sleeping in his back yard and using it as a bathroom. His front door is basically a revolving door of scumbags. The police have been notified and basically say "unless we see it we can't do anything."

So here is where it gets interesting. 2 weeks ago the guy was drunk in his house and shot one of his customers in the leg. An ambulance came but no police were called. No charges filed. Nothing.

What can be done about this? How can EMS respond to a gunshot wound and not report to the local PD?

Any advice on how to finally get the PD to take action?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Did you miss the drugs should be legal thread.

Then your neighborhood would clear right up and all your problems would be gone.

Where do you live? If it's in a large area the local police department probably has a dedicated drug unit. Try to get in touch with them as they'd be more interested then the average patrol officer.

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    Contact your local political representative (City/County Councilman, etc), let them know what is going on, if the first attempt does nothing, periodically contact them again, depending on who it is it WILL work, just might take several attempts, ALSO make sure to note if there are kids involved and/or live very closeby, THAT seems to get things moving a lot of times

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    do you have a good vantage point from any of your rooms or yard - maybe offer it up to the cops so they can do some video (and maybe sound) surveillance?

do you have an HOA? those (usual) nazis should be able to go after him legally for sleepers in the yard, etc.

sorry you're in this situation, totally sux.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Let me guess, you are closer to highland town near eastern&patterson? I have heard alot of this stuff is going on around there. I think your only option is to bitch to your city reps. Remember one thing, Baltimore relies on 33% of the population of the city to pay for the 66% that dont contribute. If you yell loud enough something should happen, remind them about your property taxes......

cantonglocker

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 27, 2011
    Pasadena
    Let me guess, you are closer to highland town near eastern&patterson? I have heard alot of this stuff is going on around there. I think your only option is to bitch to your city reps. Remember one thing, Baltimore relies on 33% of the population of the city to pay for the 66% that dont contribute. If you yell loud enough something should happen, remind them about your property taxes......

I am just above the can company.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    The more noise you make, the more the police will want to get rid of the problem. Just like saying you have chest pains when you go to the ER. I would call 911 everytime I see someone go in and out of the house. They will get the idea soon enough.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Death_Wish_4_Movie_Film.jpg

just saying... since there were no cops showed up when there was a shooting.:tdown::sad20::innocent0

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The more noise you make, the more the police will want to get rid of the problem. Just like saying you have chest pains when you go to the ER. I would call 911 everytime I see someone go in and out of the house. They will get the idea soon enough.

yeah.. and them charging you for false alarms..

unless it is really an emergency.. only then i would suggest 911.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    The more noise you make, the more the police will want to get rid of the problem. Just like saying you have chest pains when you go to the ER. I would call 911 the non-emergency number everytime I see someone go in and out of the house. They will get the idea soon enough.
    Fixed it. Now you won't have to worry about false alarm calls to 911.

There was a ne'er-do-well looking kid hanging out in front of our house for a couple of days. The County Sheriff's Department said to always call and have a Deputy come out and take a report.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    The best advice I can give you is become a nusance. Call your local district and find out who is the lt for that patrol area. Start sending him emails. If a month goes by and nothing gets accomplished then send his boss an email. You got to remember poop rolls down hill so if the cpt. Is getting annoying emails then he is going to press his troops.

For the street officers it's going to b a bit of a challenge but maybe they can snag a few people coming in and out of the area. You can also contact adult protective services and notify them of the living conditions.

If you have a hoa you can notify them of the conditions.

Your starting a slightly uphill battle because it doesn't sound like you have any concrete evidence and this is speculation but hopefully those suggestions will give you a starting point

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Just a fwiw nothing annoys me than a person with an attitude stating you will do what I want you to even if you have no pc because my taxes pay your salary

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Just a fwiw nothing annoys me than a person with an attitude stating you will do what I want you to even if you have no pc because my taxes pay your salary

If it was your property/safety at stake you would do whatever it takes do get results. And btw my comment was not directed soleyl at the police dept but to his city govt reps as well. Hard working people in the city have to pay more in property taxes for a row home than my parents do in the county on almost 2 1/2 acres and they get WAY less in services.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

understood, but to be fair, nothing annoys a homeowner more than to be nickel and dimed with taxes, fees, parking fines, and registration fees and then see some guy openly dealing heroin on the corner and nothing ever happens to him. if everyone in the neighborhood knows who the drug dealer is, and they have called the police multiple times, yet all they see are cops writing parking tix, then it becomes very difficult for the average person to not become extremely cynical on the importance of "revenue generation" versus "public safety" when it comes to law enforcement. I know many things go on behind the scenes and many LEO's are just as frustrated when their hands are tied due to politics or procedure, but it is hard to fault a homeowner for getting irate over dealing with drug/crime bs on a daily basis.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Look around the street, his trash, etc. for discarded prescription bottles or paperwork. Drop a dime to the DEA about the doctor and this guy, anonymously.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    If it was your property/safety at stake you would do whatever it takes do get results. And btw my comment was not directed soleyl at the police dept but to his city govt reps as well. Hard working people in the city have to pay more in property taxes for a row home than my parents do in the county on almost 2 1/2 acres and they get WAY less in services.

I agree with u thats y I gave the options I know that work best and I didn't mean to come across seeming annoyed. And trust me I'm well aware of who contributes to society and who sucks the system dry. As a Montgomery county resident my frustrations are just as high.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    Find out who your City Council Rep is. Call their Office and report the problem to them. Give them a couple weeks and if no results go to the City Council Meeting and explain your problem and the lack of enforcement. The City Council Meeting are held every Monday at 5:00 PM Du Burns Council Chamber, 4th floor, City Hall

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Good Luck!

We used to live in the city and had a similar circumstance. We were in Federal Hill back in the 80's. There was a drive up dealer 24 x 7 down the street. They and their customers broke into every house on our street. The day after check night, you would find needles all over the sidewalk where their kids played. They made no effort to hide what they were doing. They had broken into our house and held the door shut from the inside when my wife came home and tried to go inside. Later, they started calling to tell us they liked our house and were going to come back. There was a dry cleaner next to the house where the police would bring their uniforms in to be cleaned. Nothing was ever done to stop the dealer. We complained to the police, as did most of our neighbors. We were all told that they were under investigation. After several years of this our neighbor across the street sat outside the mayors office until the mayor agreed to see him. Within a few months the people moved out and the homes were boarded up. After about a year, the houses caught on fire and were later renovated.

You might call in any possible housing violations you see on the property. This might convince the landlord not to renew the lease to the current tenant.

I wish you luck. I was so happy when we moved out of the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Skarface

Latest threads

Top Bottom