• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Investigators determined Molitor is not a licensed firearms dealer, nor is he licensed to operate a pawn shop.
    Nor is he a pharmacist.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    the Cecil Whig has more info the perp is a prohibited person . my main issue ( before knowing my first sentence) is the thief is released on pr

Relwarc

Jan 25, 2013
    Hunt Valley
    Surprised about PR? Heroin is a hell of a drug "Arguably the worst" why on earth would the jail want to deal with her going through withdrawal? The cost of keeping her in jail would FAR outweigh any bail they could ask from her. Not to mention, she most assuredly does not have any money if she's stealing stuff to sell for drugs.

In this case, they let her go so she could get drugs.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Issue?

If the article was accurate, then no doubt this was a bad dude who needs to spend some time in Club Fed... but still I always cringe when I see an article that starts "Police find 50 guns...." Most of the time, it is just focusing on the wrong thing.

Quite correct. Who knows, it could be possible the other 47 were obtained legally. :D It is a short article but, the whole ordeal seems to just center on the 3 stolen weapons. As far as the weapons issue that is. :-)

Last edited:

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Quite correct. Who knows, it could be possible the other 47 were obtained legally. :D It is a short article but, the whole ordeal seems to just center on the 3 stolen weapons. As far as the weapons issue that is. :-)
    the Cecil Whig is reporting he is being charged with possession of a firearm by a prohibited person . To me that says the other 47 are illegal , and others on the CW FB page are going to see if their stolen firearms are in that 47 remaining

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The thread is title is wrong. 'Drugs' dont cause an issue, people who take and deal drugs in an illegal manner cause an issue.

We can't have it both ways.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    The thread is title is wrong. 'Drugs' dont cause an issue, people who take and deal drugs in an illegal manner cause an issue.

You are correct.

Just another tool being misused, the same as saying that guns are the problem.

Once upon a time the printing press was considered a major threat to civilization. Church enforcers were authorized to destroy any presses that they found.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Surprised about PR? Heroin is a hell of a drug "Arguably the worst" why on earth would the jail want to deal with her going through withdrawal? The cost of keeping her in jail would FAR outweigh any bail they could ask from her. Not to mention, she most assuredly does not have any money if she's stealing stuff to sell for drugs.

In this case, they let her go so she could get drugs.

They are not protecting the public, their duty, from this drug user and theif.

Evil Twin

Jun 13, 2009

I agree completely. This is why the war on drugs doesn't work. Legalize the drugs, and when the people who use them inappropriately do bad things as a result, charge them accordingly, and make the sentence a heavy one. This way, the real troublemakers STILL end up in jail for a very long time. The heavy sentences also act as a deterrent to those who would commit similar crimes.

The cartels which are currently selling the drugs lose the income to support their criminal enterprise, and soon waste away to nothing. Now you have fewer people in jail for drugs, and fewer people in jail for committing crimes to buy drugs. The drop in crime due to having broken the cartels is exponential.

Remember what happened with cigarettes? When the government began it's campaign to show school kids just how gross and disgusting they are, cigarette use with teens began to decline. They need to do the same with street drugs, and within a few years, they will no longer be the cool thing to do in school. Thus the cycle is broken.

Guns aren't the problem. Drugs aren't the problem. Common, immoral people are the problem.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I agree completely. This is why the war on drugs doesn't work. Legalize the drugs, and when the people who use them inappropriately do bad things as a result, charge them accordingly, and make the sentence a heavy one. This way, the real troublemakers STILL end up in jail for a very long time. The heavy sentences also act as a deterrent to those who would commit similar crimes.

We need to stop chasing people for 'possession', growing the stuff or even selling it to other adults.

If you assault someone under the influence of drugs, go to jail for the assault without any leniency because you were drunk or stoned. If you steal someones stuff to pay for your drugs, go to jail for the theft.

IF however you are found selling or providing drugs to someone under age 21, there should be one trial, one appeal followed by a firing squad in the yard of the state prison.

People are the problem, not inanimate objects. I dont like people.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    why on earth would the jail want to deal with her going through withdrawal? The cost of keeping her in jail would FAR outweigh any bail they could ask from her.

Doesn't exactly work like that, Inmates go through withdrawal all the time in county. It is nothing new, and generally does not warrant preferential treatment unless there is a serious risk to the inmate's health. Alcoholics go through DTs, tobacco users go through nic fits, etc, etc. No additional drugs are given [I.E. methadone, suboxone] due to their high likeliness for abuse. Medical aid is given in the form of nurse care, but this usually only entails anti vomiting medication and over the counter pain relievers. Elderly inmates are far more expensive than prior drug addicts.
    Medical is a constitutional requirement for inmates and generally is rarely factored in as a budget that gets cut down. ACA regulation has strict rules about medical care. Overcrowding is more likely the reason for the PR release.

MichaelTech

Feb 21, 2013
    So I was Duper.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=149214

My Apologies to the Dupee.

But,

Get rid of the Aggrandizing Title. I looked in the forum before I posted mine. I had no clue that this post was the same.

The Vagueness of your title tied in with the agenda of drugs is flat out wrong.

As I mentioned in my post"

Both The Balt. Sun and Cecil Daily articles were tame and really focused on the crime and didn't go out on sensationalizing the guns in the mix.

Hope they follow up the same way and keep any editorializing out.

I come here and instead of finding an informative title and good comment I see an editorialized piece not even focusing but on an agenda.

I would not mind if this post and headline had first stated the facts and then included their opinion. I know I though something similar myself. The Satirical situation of being caught by the father stealing his guns for heroin that then leads to the bust.

I rolled right over this article thinking it was a rant with no good info. I wonder how many other did the same? I know that several people posted that they had issues with the title.

I know my issue is that it is another case of focusing on the results instead of the cause. It also gives no good attention grabbing info that hey if you had a gun stolen recently LOOK Here. It is just the same old tired headlines repeated accross the country and I never read it as I am beyond hearing about the wrong conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom