• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    I want to purchase an Ar-15. I live in MD so I need an HBAR. It is cash and carry correct?

I can't build from scratch but I want to start with the basic build and do all mods myself. So it will be a semi build.

I see some ARs up in the 1000+ price range but I ran across one from foxfirearms.com it's Del-ton DTI Basic HBAR. Price is 696 would this be a good start?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There's nothing wrong with Del-Ton kits.
    Whatever you do, just make sure the rifle you buy is marketed or otherwise marked as having a heavy barrel rifle.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    If you would like to come by Engage Armament (Rockville), we'd be glad to show you some ARs. We have Windham HBCs in stock for $850 cash/check, Colts, Engage E4 Billet Basics, and more.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I think he would actually be better off going this route.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=3348581#post3348581

Colt 6721. Do it right the first time.

Lou is an Industry Partner (Shooter's Discount) and his FFL shop is in Mt Airy.

He is TOP NOTCH. :thumbsup:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=48557

Lou is a good man and he'll treat you right.

Yeah, I was fondling one of Lou's gently-used HBARs Saturday while he was slandering my new Hi Power's trigger to a shop full of MDS-ers. Won't hold it against him though (too much) - the Colts are a deal.

+1 for Lou. He's the only game in town for HBARs.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    If you'd prefer to build from scratch, I believe you can now buy a stripped lower for an HBAR or pistol build.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My airy is far from me. Idk if I'm going to drive that far
    Keep in mind that you'd only be doing it once - all rifles are cash and carry now. (Well, except SBRs, but that's not your problem here.) $800 for a used Colt is really quite an excellent deal if it's in G or VG condition.

That said, I'm sympathetic. I hate long drives, too. Depending on where you are in PG County, you might consider one of those Windham HBARs from Engage... Windham Weaponry is essentially the old pre-buyout Bushmaster, and they have earned an excellent reputation for building good rifles.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yeah, I was fondling one of Lou's gently-used HBARs Saturday while he was slandering my new Hi Power's trigger to a shop full of MDS-ers. Won't hold it against him though (too much) - the Colts are a deal.

That Hi Power does have a pretty crappy trigger. :lol2:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wouldn't be a real Hi Power without it. They're sort of like kits with the end user responsible for making an acceptable trigger. Why FN never eliminated the mag safety I will never understand.

The one I picked up is not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom