Mar 12, 2009
    Washington County
    9mmarzombiehunter.jpg

My 9mm Zombie AR....

Last edited:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I own a Colt 9mm carbine, a Kel Tec Sub 2000 and a Marlin Camp 9. All are great guns. The Camp 9 is pretty cool if you can find one on GB, they take S&W 59 mags. I've also tried the Beretta CX 4 Storm and liked it but for a few $$$ more went with the Colt. The Beretta is dead accurate. Nothing wrong with the High Point carbine as long as you're not a gun snob. The preppers have been gobbling them up.

wrc

unexpected T_STRING in
    May 31, 2012
    AACO
    I want a sub2k with glock mags.

That's really the value proposition of the sub2k. It is a lot of fun with full power 9mm ammo and the 30(-33) round glock mags. The folding is ... okay. As an actual weapon it is "meh". The sights suck mechanically. They're just badly done. The grip is at best unfinished.

It is fun if you can get it for under $350, but I don't think you can do that these days.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    The Sub 2k is certainly no work of art but it is fun and practical if you have a Glock or Beretta in same caliber. You can get better sites for them. It's as good as any 9mm carbine as a weapon. A 9mm out of a 16" barrel is pretty potent. $450-$500 or so is the going price these days. Thankfully the $600-$700 days have passed.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    I have a Marlin Camp 9 with a Choate stock with pistol grip. Tha Choate stock is high quality. I have a few 20 round mags for it.Super reliable. Shoots the cheap steel case ammo without complaint.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I have one of the Marlin Camp Carbines in .45. Nice little rifle. Kind of cheap looking, but it shoots.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    I remember reading something about a 9 mm AK being imported by Molot and Izmash. What ever happened to those? I wonder if they would count as a AK 47 and be outlawed in Maryland if they did come out of the woodwork? I think I want a more military style 9 mm carbine or semi sub machine gun copy. The Sumoi would interest me a lot. I decided I want something different than a AR-15 and I dont want a Hi Point. Dont want a SUB 2k. Im still considering the CX4 Storm. But leaning towards something more retro or less plastic. A old school style UZI with the wood stock would be awesome, but thats a no go in MD.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Money can be an issue. How much time do you have? I bought the lower to my CMMG in April 2013 and just completed the gun last month. Remember...buy once, cry once.

Here she is:

Attachments

• 9mm CMMG rifle.jpg
      9mm CMMG rifle.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 466

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    if you're looking for something similar to the ruger 10/22, try the marlin camp 9 (as mentioned above). shoot 147gr 9mm through it and it's soft on the shoulder. takes S&W 59xx magazines.

asdaven

Oct 30, 2013
    Maryland
    Hey guys what about throwing a 9 mm upper on a 5.56 lower with a magwell block? I already have an AR 15 in 5.56 that I bought pre-October. It has a rifle buffer and a Rock River Two Stage. Would that work with a 9 mm upper if I just changed uppers and inserted a magwell block? This would of course be with a ramped bolt option so no special hammer needed. I heard the rifle buffer will work fine with 9 mm because its bigger. If I went with CMMG it would have the same look either way. And the Double Diamond is too expensive and out of stock. Yeah the stripped CMMG lower is about the same as a good magwell block, but then you have to spend more money building another lower.

Thanks

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I have both a Marlin Camp 9 and 45. It is recommended to put a Black Jack buffer in these. The 9 is a personal choice but with the .45 w/o the buffer the wooden stock will crack eventually. So will the 9 but it will just take longer.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Hey guys what about throwing a 9 mm upper on a 5.56 lower with a magwell block? I already have an AR 15 in 5.56 that I bought pre-October. It has a rifle buffer and a Rock River Two Stage. Would that work with a 9 mm upper if I just changed uppers and inserted a magwell block?

Looking at my 9mm compared with a 5.56, it seems to have a much stiffer buffer spring as the bolt is a lot heavier than a regular bolt carrier group. Not sure whether just sticking a different upper would work on a rifle set up for a gas system and the locked-breech AR mechanism.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Is it poor form to mention that I've just posted my Kel-Tec Sub2K for sale in the forum classifieds?

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Hey guys what about throwing a 9 mm upper on a 5.56 lower with a magwell block? I already have an AR 15 in 5.56 that I bought pre-October. It has a rifle buffer and a Rock River Two Stage. Would that work with a 9 mm upper if I just changed uppers and inserted a magwell block? This would of course be with a ramped bolt option so no special hammer needed. I heard the rifle buffer will work fine with 9 mm because its bigger. If I went with CMMG it would have the same look either way. And the Double Diamond is too expensive and out of stock. Yeah the stripped CMMG lower is about the same as a good magwell block, but then you have to spend more money building another lower.

Thanks

Nothing at at all wrong with it. Just be aware that drop in or up magwell blocks can be finicky. There are 2 types, one drops in from the top and the other from the bottom. Can't remember the name of the company that makes these 2 but someone here will know. A lot of people recommend getting KNS pins to keep your receiver from egging out. And be sure the carrier is ramped. 9mm blow back uppers are a bit hard on the ARs sometimes. I do know a lot of people who use them w/o any problems. Another not too expensive option is to buy a 9mm lower receiver to use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom