• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Have him show you the letter or opinion in writing.

He can't they have not even published what an HBAR is, other than the direction that if a dealer can articulate that it IS an HBAR, it is one."

This particular shop is reliable and operates above board. Additionally, the tone of this thread indicates others they have been informed with similar information so something is in the works. MSP is aware a definition is needed, they are swamped with the administrative issues and burdens from it and are looking to finalize it.

Feb 28, 2013
    Thanks, but it doesn't sound like anyone will transfer it despite Colt stating it's HBAR on their website. My friend is in VA so it needs to go through an FFL. I can live without it.

Have you actually seen this rifle in person?

Reason I ask is that my Bushy HBAR, prior to THAT stupidity coming about, wasn't advertised as such on Clyde Armory's website, but as it turned out it was stamped on the barrel, so A1 let it go unregulated.

stringer bell

Aug 20, 2014
    socoms are Heavy barrels. just have to find an FFL to order you one. if you cant find one you can order an upper from G and R tactical for i think 650ish and slap it on a stripped lower and be done with it.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    If the Part circled in red was somehow a problem before, I checked my new 6920 socom and I dont see it there. I'll have to pull the KAC rail to be 100% sure but I didnt see it.

Attachments

• socom.jpg
      socom.jpg
      34.3 KB · Views: 244

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I can confirm that the barrel does not reduce in diameter anywhere under the hand guards. Rifle in question is new (2014) Colt 6920 socom. It should be MD legal cash & carry

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom