• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Anyone have a AR57 SBR upper? I'm thinking of selling my PS90 and picking up a SBR upper to use supressed. Anyone have one? How do you like it? Any issues suppressed or non-suppressed? What optics are you using? I like the PS90, but I like the AR platform more.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    Or a 16" version? I'd like to check one out before purchasing.
    I have a MGI lower with a AK magwell and I'd like to see how the
    upper looks on the lower.

TheBulge

Mar 7, 2011
    I would not sell your PS90. As long as you live in MD you will not be able to get another one. You have all the time on the world to save for and buy an ar57 upper.
    If you want a shorty why not SBR your PS90? eForms are only taking a few months.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Anyone have a AR57 SBR upper? I'm thinking of selling my PS90 and picking up a SBR upper to use supressed. Anyone have one? How do you like it? Any issues suppressed or non-suppressed? What optics are you using? I like the PS90, but I like the AR platform more.

I've got two. A 6" and a 12". I always run the 6" suppressed. The 12" goes both ways. Aim point Pro for optics. I like the AR57, especially in full auto. :)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Here are a couple videos of the AR57 up at AGC today. It's an SBR upper with 12" barrel on a registered receiver. :)

And suppressed with an AAC M4-2000

Firemann20

Oct 2, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Ar57 sbr OAL question

Hey guys I have a quick question.... I have a post ban SBR lower and was looking at the ar57 pdw 6"... is the OAL ok even though the barrel is 6"? In this case when measuring OAL does the ATF go by the end of the barrel or would it be the end of the 1 piece upper ie. the rail system? Thanks for any info.... Oh and also are 9mm dedicated AR lowers part of the MD ban? Thanks again!

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Hey guys I have a quick question.... I have a post ban SBR lower and was looking at the ar57 pdw 6"... is the OAL ok even though the barrel is 6"? In this case when measuring OAL does the ATF go by the end of the barrel or would it be the end of the 1 piece upper ie. the rail system? Thanks for any info.... Oh and also are 9mm dedicated AR lowers part of the MD ban? Thanks again!

The 1 piece upper does not count because the barrel is removable with tools. One would have to blind pin and weld, Hi Temp Silver Solder, or circumference weld the barrel to the receiver assembly for the shroud to count towards OAL.

It can be done, but its not setup that way out of the box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom