• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'd take a Ranier barrel over a DD barrel any day. DD barrels are often way over gassed IMO. The Tankers often shoot real good accuracy wise.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    any different from this barrel to the ultra match ? and why are the ultra so much more

The gauging and material is often what separates barrel grades. The material does too.

Stainless barrels tend to shoot better, but wear faster in the throat. They also don't get chrome lined so they can in theory be more temperamental when fouled over a chrome lined barrel.

Ranier has several barrels, some stainless, some hammer forged and so forth. They often shoot just like a match rifle with a heavier profile.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Sounds like a good deal. Can I ask what a Tanker barrel is? Large to small I am guessing. Nevermind I googled it.
    army-tank-accident-sma7rfy.jpg

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    So at 2 lbs and 9 oz. guessing that's considered a h-bar. Is it ok to use this for a new build ? I just got a billet lower from engage 3 weeks ago and I'm ready to start building

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    So at 2 lbs and 9 oz. guessing that's considered a h-bar. Is it ok to use this for a new build ? I just got a billet lower from engage 3 weeks ago and I'm ready to start building

Damn, that's a heavy 14.5" barrel. Same weight as the 20" SDM barrel I just installed!

And yes, that is HBAR profile (according to the current conventional wisdom based on nothing in writing from the state).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom