• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Windsors

Apr 20, 2012
    Kingsville, MD
    Looking for opinions on AR-10 lowers (only DPMS style).

Considering 100% stripped and 80%. Would also like opinions on the best jigs for a 80% lower.

I see that PSA is in the game for lowers, so that is an option.

Thanks

MattFive

Nov 10, 2012
    Gambrills, MD
    Looking for opinions on AR-10 lowers (only DPMS style).

Considering 100% stripped and 80%. Would also like opinions on the best jigs for a 80% lower.

I see that PSA is in the game for lowers, so that is an option.

Thanks

Actually, PSA is not an option; they won't send any stripped lower to the state of Maryland. I have an email chain with their "Compliance experts" to back this up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Why not a DPMS lower???

The Bank in Havre de Grace has several in stock.

glennc75

Jan 28, 2013
    Westminster / Carroll Co
    Just got a call from Alan the compliance idiot at Palmetto saying he was canceling my order for an LR-308 lower because I'm a resident of Maryland. I explained to him they're actually cash and carry here, but he said it's not Maryland law, just their company policy.

Bollingers (the best damn FFL in the world) is giving them a call. Hopefully Rob can "educate" them. He's had other people order and go through just fine, so it seems they understand their own policy as well as we understand MD laws.

I've given Palmetto an absolute ton of business, so I see how they take care of loyal customers... From behind with no lube!:mad54:

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    Guys? Palmetto gave us all the finger last year. They don't want our money. Stop trying to order shit from them, even if it is $2 cheaper than other places.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    if your ffl ordered directly from them, wouldn't they ship to him in MD? For all they know, he will be selling it on gunbroker to someone in Idaho.

at least to me, it seems if one orders something and has it shipped to their FFL, that absolves the seller of any responsibility re any stupid (like MD) laws. but maybe they just don't want the hassle of you ordering, shipped to your ffl, your ffl says no and it has to (or at least you want it to) go back for a refund.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Guys? Palmetto gave us all the finger last year. They don't want our money. Stop trying to order shit from them

Ditto.

As I posted in the other AR10 thread:

Aero Precisions DPMS pattern "M5s" are the same ~$158 as PSA w/ their 15% off labor day sale. Would have to pay transfer (but no tax).

Since you need an upper too, might as well buy one while you're at it. +115 = $273 for the pair w/ free ship. Can get ceracoated FDE for a little more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom