Ben Carson Clarifies His Stance on 2nd Amendment, Supports Owning Any Type of Firearm

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    This country needs some unvarnished truth and a slap upside the head for a change and if means losing the election, it means losing the election.
    People who do that are quickly branded as kooks and crackpots by the media. Not only will they get no traction or be elected, but their campaign becomes a lesson in what not to say if you have any prayer of getting elected.

I wish it wasn't that way, but that's what we've come to in this country. Someone wishing to get office must first do what's necessary to get elected, and then try to make changes after that process has been completed.

Even Hogan did it. He didn't want to openly touch guns with a 10-foot pole prior to election day because he knew it was an incendiary topic that could cost him votes. It almost backfired when Brown's people got on this site and dug up some info from some of our chatter. Hogan is AFAIK pro gun, but he wasn't open about it during the campaign.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Or, he was chosen by the elitist blue blood GOP Republicans to be the token black guy speaking for the GOP who doesn't really belong in a presidential race. Hey, it worked for Obama, didn't it?
    didn't seem to work for Herman Cain...

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Regardless of this topic, I like Dr. Carson, but I think he needs to run for a lower office first. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not sure anyone is ready to jump into the position of POTUS directly from a non-political job/career.

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    Because of his very recent introspective flip flopping, to get my vote he needs to show support and commitment. That means he needs to be a member of something pro gun and show up.

I want to know what organizations he belongs to. NRA? NSSF? GOA?
    I want to know what kinds of guns he owns. time to buy and AR and start practicing Ben.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I don't hold those comments against Carson. What he said makes sense given his experiences and background. What counts is what they're going to say to put themselves on record when asked specifically and directly about an issue. He initially said he'd prefer those type firearms not be in certain types of neighborhoods. I'd "prefer" all liberals reside in one state but that's not something I would enforce given the power, not in this country. This is a good thing when one can acknowledge what one would like but acknowledge that the reality in a free country is something different.

I'm reminded of Dr. Koop. He had some very strong convictions coming from his personal beliefs but, much to his credit, he knew to keep them separate from his job as surgeon general. We need such people in government who can distinguish between personal desires and the responsibility to the job. This clown we have in the Whitehouse thinks his personal views are what the whole country needs, other views be damned.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    God forbid someone who has never really paid attention to a particular topic change their mind once they familiarize themselves with the issues.....

This ...

If this was not an important issue for him he may never have spent much time elaborating and when asked just answered from a gut feeling point of view. Now he is forced to formulate a stand on everything and has to take into account everything. He may have answered the same way on gay marriage and legalisation of drugs, without having ever thought it through all the way, now he has to formulate an absolute stand.

In the end if and when we have a Repub trifecta I believe federal gun laws will remain unchanged. Change only comes on a local/state level without being challenged on a federal level. Maybe CCW reciprocity at the most.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    ...I wish it wasn't that way, but that's what we've come to in this country. Someone wishing to get office must first do what's necessary to get elected...

Sad but true. I've come to believe recently that those qualities which best serve a politician in an election bid are the exact same qualities I'd just as soon not see in someone holding office.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I can give him a pass. He is a smart dude. Maybe he had these ideas about AR15s and urban areas and then started actually listening to what his supporters had to say. Maybe he realized, "Shit, these people are not a fan of that, maybe I should change."

If I go and kick a puppy, people are going to be pissed off at me, and it might cost me friends, etc. I would probably learn NOT to kick a puppy again. Maybe Carson learned...

Washington needs people like Carson. What we do not need to more Lawyers and career politicians.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Sounds like to me conservatives always do this. They start eating their own because they feel their candidate should be 100% lockstep with their ideals. I let you figure out how that logic is flawed.

I get at the very least he has been 2A "neutral" but besides that he has some very good ideas and it would actually be refreshing to have aconservative that is not a lifelong politcian.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    I support Carson if he has someone like Condoleezza Rice as his Vice President , and Alan West as his Secretary of Defense. Bongino Homeland Security, etc. .....

Having a really good team of department heads and advisers is what really counts in the Executive Branch. Carson would bring calm resolve during times of crisis and high pressure. The best leaders do not flinch or over react in times of crisis.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    I can give him a pass. He is a smart dude. Maybe he had these ideas about AR15s and urban areas and then started actually listening to what his supporters had to say. Maybe he realized, "Shit, these people are not a fan of that, maybe I should change."
    i think the thing is that politicians seldom (if ever) say, "you know, i thought X, but now think Y because" and then explain how they got there.

but instead we get "perhaps I didn’t convey it appropriately."

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/11/26/Carson-Cops-Could-Be-Trained-to-Shoot-For-The-Legs/

So I'll just leave this here and continue to be skeptical of carson's support of the 2A and defense as a whole.

This is exactly why candidates from outside politics are rarely electable. In one short statement, Carson puts himself in a political no-win stinkhole. Either side--conservative candidates running against Carson as well as liberals appealing for the black vote--can use this to undermine Carson's candidacy.

Dumb, dumb, dumb statement.

Separately, Carson is right to question certain firearms in certain locations. Think .50 BMGs in Baltimore, not AR-15s. I'm not saying they should be banned--I'm just saying he has a point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom