• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    If you're ordering online, why would you pay full retail price at their store instead of ordering the same stuff a lot cheaper somewhere else that discounts?

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    Bass Pro cancelled my online purchase of .308 ammo. Said MD outlawed online sales of rifle ammo but not handgun ammo. I called. No dice. Rep said I have to purchase face to face. WTF? Is this true? :tdown:

Bass Pro is as conservative as it comes when talking firearms. If they even THINK a law exists or can be interpreted to exist they will shut you down.:sad20:

Addendum: Gander Mt is also in the same boat. Months before SB281 (thanks Owe Mally / Bloomtard) took effect they refused to sell me a 13rd mag 45 Springfield, they Would only include the reduced 10rd mags. No amount of arguing changed their mind.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Just go with Cabelas never an issue :thumbsup:

Until three different people tell you the 7.62x39 you want to buy is, without a doubt, 100% lead core ammo.

Only to receive it and a magnet sticks to the bullets.

Which means no FreeState shooting and a lot of trips Elk Neck.

Feb 28, 2013
    Until three different people tell you the 7.62x39 you want to buy is, without a doubt, 100% lead core ammo.

Only to receive it and a magnet sticks to the bullets.

Which means no FreeState shooting and a lot of trips Elk Neck.

Well, a magnet WILL stick to Tula, but not to Wolf. At least not the Wolf I have.

thai

May 8, 2013
    Bass Pro cancelled my online purchase of .308 ammo. Said MD outlawed online sales of rifle ammo but not handgun ammo. I called. No dice. Rep said I have to purchase face to face. WTF? Is this true? :tdown:

You should drive over there right now and cuss they @sses out! Then open a pack of Jack links beef jerky and a beverage, and to calm your nerves down- go over to the fish tank and take a seat , watch the fishes swim, while you finish your snack!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Montgomery County and Annapolis restrictions.

****I had this issue due to Montgomery County Restrictions, according to them.... I purchase elsewhere now as I don't want to deal with the hassle. Their company, their rules, MY money. I have zero issues with other companies shipping to me, in Montgomery County..

The Montgomery County restriction, while still on the books, was struck down by the state Court of Appeals in Montgomery County, Maryland, et al. v. Atlantic Guns, Inc., et al., 302 Md. 540, 489 A.2d 1114 (1985).

Many retailers will search for a statute or ordinance, but not go far enough to look for cases interpreting those statutes or ordinances.

See http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=139388&highlight=montgomery+county+ammo+restriction

WatTyler

Ultimate Member
    ****I had this issue due to Montgomery County Restrictions, according to them.... I purchase elsewhere now as I don't want to deal with the hassle. Their company, their rules, MY money. I have zero issues with other companies shipping to me, in Montgomery County..

I am sure they've had the final shakeout of the Mogo County situation explained to them a thousand times. So at this point it's just spite on their part. Oddly, I once ordered ammunition from them without reading the terms, and took receipt in relatively short order. Ignorance is bliss. Nevertheless, they're on my scrollover list these days. It's a free country.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Yes, welcome to the forum. Always a good idea to introduce yourself before asking questions.

Doesn't matter if it's true or not, you're not getting your order. Whether or not it's the law is the real question. It's not the law, it's just their policy. Buy elsewhere if that is not agreeable to you. Viewing The Depot forum would be of value for places to buy ammo online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom