Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    or do they require a 77r?

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Cash &carry. I bought a CMMG from 2A sales. Around $180.

I think it is only C&C for dedicated 9mm though. No mag blocks.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    So if they are cash n carry but could be built into a pistolas well as 308 lowers can but yet 223 requires 77r because it can be buikt into a pistol,anyone see the confusion here?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So if they are cash n carry but could be built into a pistolas well as 308 lowers can but yet 223 requires 77r because it can be buikt into a pistol,anyone see the confusion here?

Don't try to understand it, just go with it for right now. The above can be said for an AR-10 lower.

TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    If 9mm lowers are cash and carry, does that mean that 9mms built on ar platforms have no illegal configurations including SBR less than 29"?

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    If 9mm lowers are cash and carry, does that mean that 9mms built on ar platforms have no illegal configurations including SBR less than 29"?

This is Maryland, of course there are illegal configurations. Until Engage's suit is heard, all SBR's less than 29" are illegal to build.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Got mine C&C

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      38.4 KB · Views: 438

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    That's basically buying a ar 15 lower "cash and carry" but they still don't allow that.

Your question had nothing to do with buy, but rather, could a regular lower receiver accept 9MM.

So no, if you buy a "regular" lower receiver that is stamped for 5.56/.223 then it is still regulated.

I also believe that unless the ma block is pinned in like the CMMG above or the DDLES, then it would not be considered a dedicated 9MM lower per MSP and thus fall under the "regulated" rules.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Your question had nothing to do with buy, but rather, could a regular lower receiver accept 9MM.

So no, if you buy a "regular" lower receiver that is stamped for 5.56/.223 then it is still regulated.

I also believe that unless the ma block is pinned in like the CMMG above or the DDLES, then it would not be considered a dedicated 9MM lower per MSP and thus fall under the "regulated" rules.

I thought there were no more "regulated" firearms, just C&C and pistols? And that MilSpec AR lowers were C&C as well.

Did something change or were the original assumptions incorrect?

shiner500

Jul 8, 2011
    Maryland

I'm just trying to wrap my head around these lower receiver laws but it looks like they keep changing.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I'm just trying to wrap my head around these lower receiver laws but it looks like they keep changing.

A dedicated 9MM lower, whether machined that way like a RRA, or with a pinned in block like a Colt is C&C. A 5.56/.223 lower that you intend to build into a 9MM is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom