• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Could we make a sticky to lend guns under supervision for example if someone with a firearms collection would allow someone to operate a firearm under their immediate supervision? Example I am 19 and own two .22s but if I wished to shoot an AR-15 or 1911 (my dream guns hint hint) and a senior member or one with experience would be able to arrange said meeting at a firing range and were willing to extend said courtesy to others on the forum so as not to put anyone into a credit card risking state of gun envy

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    Could we make a sticky to lend guns under supervision for example if someone with a firearms collection would allow someone to operate a firearm under their immediate supervision? Example I am 19 and own two .22s but if I wished to shoot an AR-15 or 1911 (my dream guns hint hint) and a senior member or one with experience would be able to arrange said meeting at a firing range and were willing to extend said courtesy to others on the forum so as not to put anyone into a credit card risking state of gun envy

Yeah right. Move along

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia

Don't be offended, I'm sure your post was well intentioned, but why not make some friends (in real life/from here) and once they get to know you they may offer to let you shoot one of the above mentioned on a range trip. You're pretty new here. Take a step back, involve yourself in some of the events people post, and get to know folks in person. After that (assuming you're a responsible, decent person) you'll enjoy the benefits of your new friendship. Be mindful of those who generously allow you to use their wares and provide some ammo, offer to buy lunch, whatever. Just don't be a mooch.

Good luck.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    welcome to the forum! i to am a new shooter. youl find that there are alot of nice people at the range who might allow you to shoot their guns. i have tried alot of cool guns this way. you can also rent these as well. trust me if you shoot a 1911 youl never go back!

platekiller

Ultimate Member
    Jun 7, 2011
    Martinsburg, WV
    I almost always let others at the range try my guns out even if I bring the barret. I like when people do it for me. Sorta a do unto others thing. That said I agree that you should try to meet people first. I might not sign up to let someone try out my stuff but if I am at the range and you are safe and I talk to you a little I will most likely offer.

Platekiller

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    Do you own a Ruger .22 pistol or a Buckmark?
    If you want to come down to Freestate, you can shoot my Bushmaster or one of my other AR's that's together.

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Understood all the posts didn't mean to overstep boundaries or offend anyone it was a well-intentioned post just misinformed and I understand everyones stance its a little hard for me to attend any events because of time, budget and work schedule not to mention the fact that I'm 19 and can't own a regulated firearm or handgun

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Next time I go to freestate I'll let you know I don't care if you try out my guns. Toss up a couple bucks for ammo and blast away, thats what I bought them for. I however don't own a 1911 or an AR but I got a couple AK's, FAL's, and a few to many fun pistols that I hope I don't lose in my upcoming kayak trip.

Your on a gun forum you now have to understand that 70% of the people on here believe that you are a ATF agent just wondering what kind of weapons they have so you can suck them into a dark room and break their toes/fingers until they agree to sign their name and have their DL copied when buy AMMO. Welcome to the world of paranoria and cheapskates.

Hit me up sometime and if your not a total mega douche then whatever I'll gladly go shooting and let you play with some toys. I need more people to shoot with anyway.

EDIT: Wait a minute your a mopar fan?? Scratch everything I just wrote above.........J/K

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    Do you own a Ruger .22 pistol or a Buckmark?
    If you want to come down to Freestate, you can shoot my Bushmaster or one of my other AR's that's together.

If you're looking for a nice .22 handgun, consider the GSG 1911 .22--- I got one at GC 3 weeks ago and have over 2000 rounds ( yeah- 2000-- it cost me $60 or so!!!) without a hitch--- a couple FTE and FTF's but less than a dozen total, and they were with cheaper ammo I was trying. Very nice little gun for $400--- 80% of the parts are 1911 interchangeable.... 2 inch groups at 15 yards!

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    Understood all the posts didn't mean to overstep boundaries or offend anyone it was a well-intentioned post just misinformed and I understand everyones stance its a little hard for me to attend any events because of time, budget and work schedule not to mention the fact that I'm 19 and can't own a regulated firearm or handgun

You're fine. +1 to whatever someone said. People are always going places to shoot here, so if you're free one night. Post where you could go and see if anyone else is headed there and if they'd mind if you brought ammo to put through their whatever. I've let a few members here shoot a few of my guns. Like the man said, guns were made for shootin' :)

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Example I am 19 and own two .22s but if I wished to shoot an AR-15 or 1911

Let me first say that I have done this several times. Any one in my club knows they just need to ask and bring ammo to shoot my firearms.

first
    make sure your parents are ok with you shooting regulated firearms.
    (I always have them present)

second
    Join a club that has a range
    (several clubs have club guns to use)

Third
    Take some training courses.
    (several are offered through this forum)

Juniors (under 21) only get to shoot my stuff after they have demonstrated they understand the basics by either taking classes or shooting in a Juniors program.

What type of formal training do you have?

MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    welcome to the forum! i to am a new shooter. youl find that there are alot of nice people at the range who might allow you to shoot their guns. i have tried alot of cool guns this way. you can also rent these as well. trust me if you shoot a 1911 youl never go back!

I am new also so I can't really speak to guys on the forum arranging anything like this but I have found that just chatting at the range can lead you to being allowed to fire people's weapons. I fired a sweet 1911 doublestack a few weeks ago (the gentlemen was even kind enough to let me use his ammo and refused to take anything in return).

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Whenever I am at the range, I have no problems letting people shoot my guns. I frequent FreeState and would be happy to let you fire off pretty well anything I that I have with me.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

get an HBAR AR-15...its legal in MD...non HBAR is not...for under 21..:sad20:

bigred

Ultimate Member
    Nov 18, 2009
    Middle River
    +1 with everyone say just get out to the range and meet people. Last night I took my 9yo son to free state to try out my new mini 14 and his new Marlin .22lr. As soon as we entered the range a gentlemen walked up and asked what my boy was shooting and offered to let my boy shoot his .22 AR. This type of thing happenes often as long as you dont act like an ass.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    +1 with everyone say just get out to the range and meet people. Last night I took my 9yo son to free state to try out my new mini 14 and his new Marlin .22lr. As soon as we entered the range a gentlemen walked up and asked what my boy was shooting and offered to let my boy shoot his .22 AR. This type of thing happenes often as long as you dont act like an ass.

This is how my 10 year old daughter got into shooting. :thumbsup:

mopar92

May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Okay bumping a thread from the dead. I own a Mosin, an AR and a Mossberg 500 persuader. If any forum members want to meet up and shoot my guns just bring store bought ammo(except for the Mosin) and drop me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom