• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    1,209,600,000 milliseconds.

I think we're all pretty eager to see how this goes.

It sounds better if you use Jupiter solar cycles!

Edit: Still good to hear the fight continuing.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    I can't wait to watch O'Malley and the legislature explode into rage when we win. It's going to be epic.

Well, at least someone is optimistic. I have a feeling the 4th will go with “The state is always right” defense and that we are going to once again have to rely on the incredibly unreliable Supreme Court to give us our rights back.

rem87062597

Annapolis, MD
    Jul 13, 2012
    Well, at least someone is optimistic. I have a feeling the 4th will go with “The state is always right” defense and that we are going to once again have to rely on the incredibly unreliable Supreme Court to give us our rights back.

There's not enough of a split yet for them to take an AR-15 case I feel like, unless the Supreme Court feels like the courts are misinterpreting Heller. And given how hard it was to get Heller I doubt they'd be comfortable making evil scary assault guns generally unrestrictable. I doubt we'll get beyond CA4, and if they didn't go for Woollard I don't know how I can trust them with this case.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Why the change?

Dunno...I can't tell whether Stephen Kolbe is still one of the Plaintiffs. If not, then they had to have someone named. If Mr Kolbe is still a Plaintiff, then again....dunno...

Edit: Re-read my OP and quoting below. Kolbe IS still listed as a Plaintiff. AGC is listed first, Winks Sporting is listed last.
    09/09/2014 82 NOTICE OF APPEAL by Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc., Atlantic Guns, Inc., Stephen V Kolbe, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Inc., Maryland Shall Issue, Inc., Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc., National Shooting Sports Foundation, Inc., Andrew C. Turner, Wink's Sporting Goods, Inc.. Filing fee $ 505, receipt number 0416-4955999. (Sweeney, John) Modified on 9/9/2014 (slss, Deputy Clerk). (Entered: 09/09/2014)

How the naming is put on the Docket would be the responsibility of the CA4 Clerk I believe.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    There's not enough of a split yet for them to take an AR-15 case I feel like, unless the Supreme Court feels like the courts are misinterpreting Heller. And given how hard it was to get Heller I doubt they'd be comfortable making evil scary assault guns generally unrestrictable. I doubt we'll get beyond CA4, and if they didn't go for Woollard I don't know how I can trust them with this case.

I agree, and we need at least 1 victory in another circuit or state supreme court. The Wilson v. Cook County in IL seems the most promising. Not many other circuits/states have AWB, so it'll be difficult unless SCOTUS rules favorably on another 2A case in the meantime.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Quote:
    09/25/2014 20
    2 pg, 15.85 KB BRIEFING ORDER filed.. Opening Brief and Appendix due 11/04/2014. Response Brief due 12/08/2014 [14-1945] (RHS)

How appropriate, opening brief on MD general election day. Could this be a good or bad sign?

Jim Smith

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Edit: Re-read my OP and quoting below. Kolbe IS still listed as a Plaintiff. AGC is listed first, Winks Sporting is listed last.

How the naming is put on the Docket would be the responsibility of the CA4 Clerk I believe.

That list of plaintiffs looks like it is simply alphabetical probably making it in compliance of bluebook standards or court procedure rules.

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Opening Brief and Appendix due 11/04/2014

How appropriate, opening brief on MD general election day. Could this be a good or bad sign?

Jim Smith

It's sign from the gods! :party29: There is no such thing as coincidence... you just weren't paying attention to the other half of what was going down.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    A Motion to Submit an Amicus in support of Winks/Kolbe has been submitted by Traditionalist Youth Network, LLC. I'll be honest and say I'm not familiar with them. They seem a little high-octane to me.

News Release: http://www.tradyouth.org/2014/09/stand-for-the-2nd-amendment/#more-48472

Amicus: http://www.scribd.com/doc/240887668...rting-the-Appellants-Kolbe-v-O-Malley-4th-Cir

09/25/2014 22 NOTICE ISSUED to Marc Alexander Nardone for Wink's Sporting Goods, Incorporated, Atlantic Guns, Incorporated, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Incorporated, Maryland Shall Issue, Incorporated, Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, Incorporated, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Incorporated, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Incorporated, Andrew C. Turner and Stephen V. Kolbe, James Wallace Porter, III for Wink's Sporting Goods, Incorporated, Atlantic Guns, Incorporated, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Incorporated, Maryland Shall Issue, Incorporated, Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, Incorporated, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Incorporated, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Incorporated, Andrew C. Turner and Stephen V. Kolbe, Mr. John Parker Sweeney for Wink's Sporting Goods, Incorporated, Atlantic Guns, Incorporated, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Incorporated, Maryland Shall Issue, Incorporated, Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, Incorporated, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Incorporated, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Incorporated, Andrew C. Turner and Stephen V. Kolbe, Ms. Tara Sky Woodward for Wink's Sporting Goods, Incorporated, Atlantic Guns, Incorporated, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Incorporated, Maryland Shall Issue, Incorporated, Maryland State Rifle and Pistol Association, Incorporated, National Shooting Sports Foundation, Incorporated, Maryland Licensed Firearms Dealers Association, Incorporated, Andrew C. Turner and Stephen V. Kolbe, Mr. Mark Holdsworth Bowen for Maryland State Police, Douglas F. Gansler, Martin J. O'Malley and Marcus L. Brown, Matthew John Fader for Maryland State Police, Douglas F. Gansler, Martin J. O'Malley and Marcus L. Brown and Jennifer L. Katz for Maryland State Police, Douglas F. Gansler, Martin J. O'Malley and Marcus L. Brown requesting response to Motion to file amicus curiae brief [18]Response due: 10/08/2014.[999443465].. [14-1945] (RHS)

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Hmmmm read their site page I'm not seeing them as "high octane" at all. I like what they are saying. reading further though.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom