• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yournamehere

Feb 27, 2013
    Carroll County
    I'm getting ready to submit a form 1 via eform and just wanted to confirm the submission of Schedule A. My trust does not own any NFA items yet, so my Schedule A is blank. I have a suppressor pending, but not yet approved. It is my understanding that a copy of Schedule A must be submitted with the trust. So do I just submit a blank copy? When is the appropriate time to add the item to Schedule A?
    Thanks

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    The lawyer that drafted my trust told me to leave it blank, as this was my first submission. Can't tell ya how that's worked, mine is still submitted/in process.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I'm getting ready to submit a form 1 via eform and just wanted to confirm the submission of Schedule A. My trust does not own any NFA items yet, so my Schedule A is blank. I have a suppressor pending, but not yet approved. It is my understanding that a copy of Schedule A must be submitted with the trust. So do I just submit a blank copy? When is the appropriate time to add the item to Schedule A?
    Thanks

can't put on a Schedule A what your Trust doesn't have.

Leave it off, once you get it approved, then put it on your Schedule A. If you make a future NFA purchase, use the updated Schedule A along with the rest of your trust documents. Sending a blank Schedule A is no problem if you in fact dont have any NFA items already owned by the Trust.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    can't put on a Schedule A what your Trust doesn't have.

Leave it off, once you get it approved, then put it on your Schedule A. If you make a future NFA purchase, use the updated Schedule A along with the rest of your trust documents. Sending a blank Schedule A is no problem if you in fact dont have any NFA items already owned by the Trust.

Correct. The item you are submitting the application for is not trust property yet, so it should not appear in the Schedule A.

TNW

Jan 27, 2014
    I included my NFA account. I was told not to put on the item you are applying for because it implies ownership/possession before it is legally transferred.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I didn't even upload my schedule A. I called BATF to clarify and they said I don't have to even submit it since there is nothing in the trust yet. Of course, next time, I would send it with the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom