• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I'm not sure I ever got one. It'll be interesting this year...I sold the gun, but the Form 4 to a dealer is still in processing. I'll go ahead and send in the registration form and $$, but with a letter explaining the situation and telling them not to expect anything next year.

sdsmith52

Apr 23, 2011
    Am I the only person that never receives the annual registration form from MSP?

No, in 7 years of sending in the annual reg. form I have never received notice from the MSP, but they always cash my check. Almost like they want you to forget.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    No, in 7 years of sending in the annual reg. form I have never received notice from the MSP, but they always cash my check. Almost like they want you to forget.

I know, in fact from what I've read is that the notice letter is a recent thing. As people were complaining that they would never hear anything from MSP and never know if they acknowledged they received the annual form. Seems like a good snag/excuse for state troopers to come knocking at your door. :mad54:

bwags123

Jun 23, 2010
    Parsonsburg
    Just got mine but what's funny is they haven't cashed my check for my initial mg registration form. I called them a month after I sent it in which would have been middle of jan. And that was when all this stuff was going on after newtown and gun sales went threw the roof. I called cp edwards of msp and he told me that they are so backed up from background checks that they are putting class 3 stuff last so who knows when they will get to it. I told him just want to make sure no one will be kicking down my door

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Just got mine but what's funny is they haven't cashed my check for my initial mg registration form. I called them a month after I sent it in which would have been middle of jan. And that was when all this stuff was going on after newtown and gun sales went threw the roof. I called cp edwards of msp and he told me that they are so backed up from background checks that they are putting class 3 stuff last so who knows when they will get to it. I told him just want to make sure no one will be kicking down my door

Well... I guess that's comforting, in a strange F-ed up way. What I get from that is, just do whatever you can, as we're (MSP) so screwed up it doesn't matter. :sad20:

Guys why are you sending in the forms and money this month when you aren't required to send them in till May? I'm not giving maryland a dime till I have to, come to think of it I remember when the annual registration used to be free. Oh the good old days leave it to maryland to find another way to get more money from it's citizens.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Guys why are you sending in the forms and money this month when you aren't required to send them in till May? I'm not giving maryland a dime till I have to, come to think of it I remember when the annual registration used to be free. Oh the good old days leave it to maryland to find another way to get more money from it's citizens.

April for me is tax month. Income tax, state tax, machinegun renewal etc . It'd just lot easier to remember .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom