• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Wipes, if I had to bet. Remember that the design market is clandestine users...and/or countries where a suppresor is considered an unregulated firearm accessory.

But if B&T were to sell the gun alone, with a more durable can as an accessory, it might sell pretty well.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Wipes, if I had to bet. Remember that the design market is clandestine users...and/or countries where a suppresor is considered an unregulated firearm accessory.

But if B&T were to sell the gun alone, with a more durable can as an accessory, it might sell pretty well.

That's probably it. I think I remember reading that that is how they were built.

Ralph_W

Mar 13, 2014
    Gentlemen:

you should known, not to believe everything that is said in the media. ;-)

B&T offers two suppressors for the VP9.

The first one, called the training suppressor, is very similar to our proven MP5 suppressor. Besides some cleaning it does not need any maintenance.

The second one is the operational suppressor. In order to archive maximum suppression, is has four shoot trough baffles. As a matter of fact, these baffles wear, every time a bullet passes through them. To keep maximum suppression, it is recommended to replace those baffles after 15 to 20 rounds. This can be done by the operator within minutes. Replacement baffles are inexpensive.

For further information, please take a look at our website:
    http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/news/meldungen/iwa_2014.php?navanchor=2110023

Happy shooting

Ralph
    B&T

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    ... As a matter of fact, these baffles wear, every time a bullet passes through them. To keep maximum suppression, it is recommended to replace those baffles after 15 to 20 rounds. This can be done by the operator within minutes. Replacement baffles are inexpensive.....

Ralph
    B&T

Ralph, nice to have you here! On the replacing of baffles, this would present a problem for the average Citizen correct? Since all Suppressor parts are considered suppressors, you can't exactly have spare parts around. So you can't replace them yourself, right? Its the same reason wipes have left the market, correct?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Gentlemen:

you should known, not to believe everything that is said in the media. ;-)

B&T offers two suppressors for the VP9.

The first one, called the training suppressor, is very similar to our proven MP5 suppressor. Besides some cleaning it does not need any maintenance.

The second one is the operational suppressor. In order to archive maximum suppression, is has four shoot trough baffles. As a matter of fact, these baffles wear, every time a bullet passes through them. To keep maximum suppression, it is recommended to replace those baffles after 15 to 20 rounds. This can be done by the operator within minutes. Replacement baffles are inexpensive.

For further information, please take a look at our website:
    http://www.bt-ag.ch/en/news/meldungen/iwa_2014.php?navanchor=2110023

Happy shooting

Ralph
    B&T

Ralph welcome to the forum. The article does mention that the baffles are easily replaced in less than 3 minutes. One use for this product would be for DNR or other law enforcement. How many times have we seen an officer on the side of the road with an injured animal that has been struck by a car. The suppressor would allow the officer to euthanize the animal in a more discrete way. It could be very usefull

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Ralph welcome to the forum. The article does mention that the baffles are easily replaced in less than 3 minutes. One use for this product would be for DNR or other law enforcement. How many times have we seen an officer on the side of the road with an injured animal that has been struck by a car. The suppressor would allow the officer to euthanize the animal in a more discrete way. It could be very usefull

That can't be allowed, don't you know silencers are only used for assassinations. ;)

The real question is why any Suppressor is regulated...

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    That can't be allowed, don't you know silencers are only used for assassinations. ;)

The real question is why any Suppressor is regulated...

That is actually the origin of this design. The Welrod was used by both the British SOE and the American OSS, as well as various partisan resistance groups in WWII.

Kevp

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2008
    There is an original on Armslist for $10. It is estimated that less than 3,000 originals were produced.

Ralph_W

Mar 13, 2014
    Ralph, nice to have you here! On the replacing of baffles, this would present a problem for the average Citizen correct? Since all Suppressor parts are considered suppressors, you can't exactly have spare parts around. So you can't replace them yourself, right? Its the same reason wipes have left the market, correct?

I do not know about foreign gun legislation, so I can’t give you a smart answer on this one. What you need to replace are 4 discs, 1,04 " in diameter and .24" in thickness. I can’t tell you if a simple synthetic disc is consider a gun part in your country. However if you are smart enough to shot a gun, you have all abilities it takes to replace the baffles. ;-) Even I can do it.

Ralph

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge

I do not know about foreign gun legislation, so I can’t give you a smart answer on this one. What you need to replace are 4 discs, 1,04 " in diameter and .24" in thickness. I can’t tell you if a simple synthetic disc is consider a gun part in your country. However if you are smart enough to shot a gun, you have all abilities it takes to replace the baffles. ;-) Even I can do it.

Ralph

That sounds like a yes.

Stupid effing ATF

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Ralph

Ralph,

Looks like you are in Switzerland? That makes a lot of sense. US laws on suppressors is very different than Europe. Europe tends to see them as mufflers on a car, basically a nice way of not annoying your neighbor. Here in the US they are more heavily regulated than guns and looked at as tools for assassins. Because the main body of the suppressor is really not that hard to make, they have regulated every suppressor part meaning each spare wipe or baffle is treated like another regulated item. So spare baffles is just not an option for us. I can appreciate the fact that they are easy to change out. Unfortunately the US is no longer the land of the free and we must now deal with this overbearing regulation. So even if its easy and makes a lot of sense, its not practical for us given current regulations.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    The suppressor only lasts for twenty rounds? What the heck

Did you pay attention to anything else in that paragraph?

The silencer itself is machined in aluminium and features a front seal and several internal silicone rubber baffles; it is useful in reducing the noise signature of the gunshot up to 31 decibel from the standard, and has an operational life of 20 rounds, after which its performance degrades; however, B&T offers replacement baffles that can be installed in lieu of the factory ones by the operator himself/herself on the field in less than three minutes.

Silicone rubber baffles are called wipes.

It's not intended to be a long-life item, because they're user-replaceable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom