• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I am gauging interest for a Illinois Concealed Carry License Course.

Subject to IL law and regulations, and depending on your level of experience and training, the course would be between 8-16 hours. It would be conducted on a Saturday & Sunday, in or near Frederick, MD.

The course fee would be between $200-$300.

For more info on IL CCL: https://ccl4illinois.com/ccw/public/home.aspx
    Fingerprints or Livescan are optional (not required) for an IL CCL (except for instructor candidates, which must be LiveScanned in IL).

If you are interested in obtaining your IL CCL or IL CCL Instructor status, please contact me by clicking on my username, "Cypherpunk", then select "Send Email".

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    Where does it say MD residents can obtain a CCL? I see you can teach it but nothing about residents getting the CCL

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Where does it say MD residents can obtain a CCL? I see you can teach it but nothing about residents getting the CCL

I make no claims regarding eligibility nor reciprocity. IL is the sole authority regarding approval of IL CCL permit applications.

Illinois (IL) laws and regulations are still fairly new, and evolving.

It would appear that for the best chance of approval, a Maryland (MD) resident should have a MD Handgun Permit (MHP).

However, I am not aware of any MD resident being denied with or without a MHP. Nor am I aware of the use or denial of a MD Handgun Qualification License (MHQL) (submitted as evidence of one's eligibility to own a firearm in one's state of residence), thus satisfying IL law's requirements.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I would assume not many (if any at all) Maryland residents have applied for an Il CCL even with a MD Permit. The IL state police website FAQ still says only non residents with laws "substantially similar" can get a IL CCL and only 4 states meet that requirement

Edit: SAF just recently announced a lawsuit that will attempt to get rid of this crap.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012

Rattlesnake46319

Curmidget
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    Excuse my ignorance, but why would a MD resident want an IL out of state CCP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
    I would imagine for the same reasons as wanting a FL or UT non-res.

Even if you're just traveling, it saves the trouble of routing around IL or stopping to unload and secure your weapon to meet the peaceable journey requirements.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Excuse my ignorance, but why would a MD resident want an IL out of state CCP?

I was filling up my rental car at a service station in downtown Chicago last sunday morning when someone accosted me and demanded 'give me money!'. That's why.

I am not an IL resident but I have to go there often enough that it would be a worthwhile permit to have. Unfortunately most businesses downtown are plastered with ghostbusters signs, so it would limit the practical use of a permit somewhat.

donw@fyi.net

Mar 20, 2014
    Gaithersburg, MD
    Why would a Maryland resident want an Illinois concealed carry license? Because my wife is from Illinois. Her entire family is still there and we visit at least 4 times a year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom