• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I've tried several times to get in touch with sanners lake but they never respond. They are full from what I heard . Do they offer some kind of partial membership where one would not get the full benefits of the club? is there anywhere else to shoot other than Myrtle Grove? I went once and wasn't really impressed, but is that it? What would be the next closest with some kind of RSO onsight?

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Well, Freds burned down last week. They had a nice indoor range that allowed anything up to .223.

There is a sportmans club in Calvert, but it seems to be a smaller operation.

Charles county lost both the range the sportsmans club used to have and the Itzak Walton league facility.

Private land, farms etc. and Myrtle Grove is pretty much it.

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    All of the Sanner's Lake competitive events, which amount to about one nearly every weekend, are open to the public. Bowling pin shoots, rimfire steel, high power rifle, IDPA, USPSA, shotgun matches, etc. etc. etc.

If you had submitted an application last year, you would have gotten in, because we cleared the wait list with room to spare. If you submit again, then you would probably make it this coming summer.

Unfortunately, unless your neighbor, the Rep from District 29B, gets his fantasy "world class range" built, there aren't many alternatives.

Sanners has a web site.

http://www.sannerslake.org/

NRA high power match at 0900 Saturday. Open to the public.

Irons

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I've tried several times to get in touch with sanners lake but they never respond. They are full from what I heard . Do they offer some kind of partial membership where one would not get the full benefits of the club? is there anywhere else to shoot other than Myrtle Grove? I went once and wasn't really impressed, but is that it? What would be the next closest with some kind of RSO onsight?

How exactly have you tried to contact Sanner's Lake? Just curious since a search of this very forum would have revealed threads such as this one or this one which give contacts for Sanner's Lake. If any of the Club's contact links are broken, then we would like to know.

As Ironsighter said, the Club has many events on the calendar that are open to the public. We encourage folks to drop by and at least tour the Club prior to submitting an application. If you want to arrange a tour of the Club separate from a match, please contact our Office Manager, Mr. Jim Drasgow, at abf193@gmail.com, (240) 538-3938.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    How exactly have you tried to contact Sanner's Lake? Just curious since a search of this very forum would have revealed threads such as this one or this one which give contacts for Sanner's Lake. If any of the Club's contact links are broken, then we would like to know.

As Ironsighter said, the Club has many events on the calendar that are open to the public. We encourage folks to drop by and at least tour the Club prior to submitting an application. If you want to arrange a tour of the Club separate from a match, please contact our Office Manager, Mr. Jim Drasgow, at abf193@gmail.com, (240) 538-3938.

5 posts; hasn't learned about SEARCH :sad20:
    I know it may seem petty, but when I first joined the forum, I spent the first year or so just reading posts, searching topics, learning a great deal before even starting my first thread.....just sayin'

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    . . . when I first joined the forum, I spent the first year or so just reading posts, searching topics, learning a great deal before even starting my first thread.....just sayin'

You are a rare bird these days, indeed (probably has something to do with your making full bird but, either way, not many people still join forums the deliberate way)! ;)

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    5 posts; hasn't learned about SEARCH :sad20:
    I know it may seem petty, but when I first joined the forum, I spent the first year or so just reading posts, searching topics, learning a great deal before even starting my first thread.....just sayin'

5031 post and still bitchin about the search button...jk. I know how to search....sounds like a lame excuse but my tablet doesn't cooperate with the search button very well. I don't own a real computer . This isn't my first time being a member or a forum. But thanks for your response.

As for the other question, I emailed sanners lake with the address they provided on their site.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    As for the other question, I emailed sanners lake with the address they provided on their site.

Which specific e-mail address was that? There are many e-mail addresses listed on the site and I want to make sure that the e-mail links haven't gone-bad or been corrupted. Thanks.

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South
    I need to try it, but I think your issue may be that the "New Member" thing is a registration tool for those who are...New Members.

Since you aren't a new member, but rather a prospective member, perhaps it's not the link you want.

At any rate, we had a high-power and bowling pin shoot yesterday at which you'd have not only have been welcome, but could have personally submitted a paper application with Mr. Drasgow, our clubhouse manager.

You can come onboard for one of these public events even if you don't want to shoot to check the place out. I would certainly want to do that before I decided to spend my hard-earned money.

Please use the contact info to get in touch with someone who can arrange for you to come onboard and see the club firsthand. Then we can provide the kind of personal customer service we'd rather do anyway. Seeing your application end up in Jim's hands is a lot better than the electronic universe anyway.

Or the web site could be temporarily jacked up. It happens - even to the big government! Either way, call or email or telegraph us and we'll do our best to get you squared away.

Irons

GottaEat

Aug 24, 2014
    SOMD
    I need to try it, but I think your issue may be that the "New Member" thing is a registration tool for those who are...New Members.

Since you aren't a new member, but rather a prospective member, perhaps it's not the link you want.

At any rate, we had a high-power and bowling pin shoot yesterday at which you'd have not only have been welcome, but could have personally submitted a paper application with Mr. Drasgow, our clubhouse manager.

You can come onboard for one of these public events even if you don't want to shoot to check the place out. I would certainly want to do that before I decided to spend my hard-earned money.

Please use the contact info to get in touch with someone who can arrange for you to come onboard and see the club firsthand. Then we can provide the kind of personal customer service we'd rather do anyway. Seeing your application end up in Jim's hands is a lot better than the electronic universe anyway.

Or the web site could be temporarily jacked up. It happens - even to the big government! Either way, call or email or telegraph us and we'll do our best to get you squared away.

Irons

I used
    info@sannerslakemd.com
    Is that correct or should I have tried another email? Either way, I need to make it there and check it out. Judging by the pics and videos I've seen, it looks great, but your right, I'll check out an event sometime. Thanks

Ironsighter

May 10, 2011
    Down South

See Mr. Drasgow's personal email and phone above to arrange a tour, as Mr. Mountjoy suggested.

Irons

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    I used
    info@sannerslakemd.com
    Is that correct or should I have tried another email? Either way, I need to make it there and check it out. Judging by the pics and videos I've seen, it looks great, but your right, I'll check out an event sometime. Thanks

Thanks. That IS a bad link. We'll get our webmaster to fix.

In the meantime, attached is an application form. No $ is needed at the time of submission.

Folks submitting applications right now will likely receive an offer of membership in early August of 2015 (the Club's membership year ends on 31 July).

Normally our waiting time for membership is from 3-5 years. This is based upon our membership-cap and the annual attrition rate of ~5-10%.

Attachments

• Sanner's Lake Application_Form (03 June 14)-1.pdf
      130.9 KB · Views: 88

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom