• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Finally got a threaded barrel for my Para Ordnance P14 to host my Osprey .45 can. Can't wait to shoot it.

Attachments

• IMG_2333.jpg
      IMG_2333.jpg
      118.4 KB · Views: 204

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Sweet. I have one of these and have been trying to find 13.5x1mm and 1x36 pistons for it for my 9MM's. That site looks low in the pic, does it clear it when sighting?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Barely. It's right at the sight level. Haven't shot it yet though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Sweet. I have one of these and have been trying to find 13.5x1mm and 1x36 pistons for it for my 9MM's. That site looks low in the pic, does it clear it when sighting?

For all intents and purposes, not needing tall sights is a marketing gimmick. Regular height sights are still 90% obscured by the can, to the point where I'd rather get tall sights that are more usable.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    For all intents and purposes, not needing tall sights is a marketing gimmick. Regular height sights are still 90% obscured by the can, to the point where I'd rather get tall sights that are more usable.

As a fellow owner of an Osprey 45 I totally agree. If you want proper sight alignment when shooting with an Osprey, then you'll need to get raised sights. However, since the top of the Osprey suppressor is flat-ish, it's possible to get some sort of sight alignment with the factory sights, unlike round suppressors. Good for shooting right out of the box, but aftermarket sights will be required if you want to do some serious target shooting with the can attached.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Make of the barrel? I need to get one... Within the next, eh, 3-4 months?

Barsto. I believe there are only two that make a threaded barrel for the Para,
    Clark and Barsto. Storm Lake used to make them but they have told me they only make the Wilson/Nowlin ramped version now.
    Barsto says 10-12 weeks but called me after three weeks to say they were sending it out that day. This is their Semi-Fit barrel which did need some fitting by a gunsmith. (On mine anyways)

Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    Thank you, I didn't know Clark did them, so was going to order from Barsto. Good to know about the projected wait versus possible early delivery. Trying to wait long enough to not sit around with a threaded barrel with nothing to adorn it with, but not so pong my stamp rolls in and I can't attach my can to my Para!

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    As a fellow owner of an Osprey 45 I totally agree. If you want proper sight alignment when shooting with an Osprey, then you'll need to get raised sights. However, since the top of the Osprey suppressor is flat-ish, it's possible to get some sort of sight alignment with the factory sights, unlike round suppressors. Good for shooting right out of the box, but aftermarket sights will be required if you want to do some serious target shooting with the can attached.

Thanks for the help guys. I have a 1911 with high sites but wasn't sure I wanted to keep it if I could get by with std sites. I'll keep it. Also found the 9MM adapter I needed tonite and the Sig it is going on has a high profile front site so I'm good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom