• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    Funny story about yogi...awhile back my girlfriend and i were down there and there was this woman shooting a handgun, she kept limp wristing it...yogi decided to coach her. A few rounds later and a casing went down her low cut shirt...the next words out of his mouth were...

"I must admit, i am strangely aroused by that"....the look on her face...priceless

Last edited:

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Funny story about yogi...awhile back my girlfriend and i were down there and there was this woman shooting a handgun, she kept limp wristing it...yogi decided to coach her. A few rounds later and a casing went down her low cut shirt...the next words out of his mouth were...

"I must admit, i am strangely aroused by that"....the look on her face...priceless

Those were the ladies that said he was trying to look down their shirt!:lol2:

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    im wondering...is it against any rules to go down and collect brass/clean up some when the range is closed? like this morning for example...wont have any guns with me, just some bags lol

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    im wondering...is it against any rules to go down and collect brass/clean up some when the range is closed? like this morning for example...wont have any guns with me, just some bags lol

as long its not locked with chains. seen many people go there before and after hours doing the pickups.

Nemesis

Russian Grizzly Adams
    Oct 3, 2009
    Martinsburg, WV
    hmm...ill try headin down there around 9 or so, maybe it wont be locked up...if im lucky lol

im guessing a stick propped against the gate means its "locked" lol

oh well, it looks like someone has already been down there with the rake anyway...damnit lol

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys

That's great :lol2: He was giving this girl with a pistol the drill sergeant routine yesterday. The look of discomfort on the boyfriends face as Yogi is standing behind his girlfriend holding her hands and yelling at her NEVER get's old :rofl: God bless him but one day Yogi is going to pull that on the wrong couple lol...He's definetly a good guy to teach you the fundamentals though. He must go through 30,000 rds a year with those .22 revolvers of his :D

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    That's great :lol2: He was giving this girl with a pistol the drill sergeant routine yesterday. The look of discomfort on the boyfriends face as Yogi is standing behind his girlfriend holding her hands and yelling at her NEVER get's old :rofl: God bless him but one day Yogi is going to pull that on the wrong couple lol...He's definetly a good guy to teach you the fundamentals though. He must go through 30,000 rds a year with those .22 revolvers of his :D

And again he was telling everyone to rotate out but he was for sure not going to leave his table :sad20: Man he is annoying. . .I cant wait to get my Sanners membership, then I can go shot by myself or with a couple friends and not have to deal with the BS.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Well here's something you don't see everyday.

Attachments

• 2012-06-18_16-53-02_261.jpg
      2012-06-18_16-53-02_261.jpg
      77.1 KB · Views: 125

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    When I got to the range this afternoon there were several people there using maybe 4 tables.

Had one major ass hat sweep me with his revolver as I came down the ramp. I believe I embarrassed him when I yelled MUZZLE! to get his attention. He never made any attempt to apologize but left right away. Yogi seemed to be a little frightened when I yelled too.

No other problems we set up our target to sight in a rifle and stayed until closing. It was nice to have the range almost to ourselves but I hate dealing with the safety problems on the range.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I went this afternoon about 2 pm with the wife and we both got our own tables we didn't stay long because she had to go back to work.

I ran a few rounds trough my new Glock 19 and she ran about 50 rounds of 40 S$W reloads trough her glock 23. She didn't hit much with the 40 but I didn't have much trouble. she did manage to hit the rat target a few times though.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Here's the rifle that Brandon wanted to sight in. He's new to shooting and has made some very informed decisions with his purchases. This is his second rifle a Remington 700 with AAC Flash hider. He didn't know that the AAC Sound Suppressor would fit on the end of his Flash hider.

We were able to get it on paper but the groups have room for improvement. I think a little more time for him on the range and maybe some better ammo will dial the rifle in well.

Attachments

• MG1.jpg
      MG1.jpg
      108.4 KB · Views: 126

tomgreco

Ammo addict
    Sep 17, 2009
    Indian Head, MD
    When I got to the range this afternoon there were several people there using maybe 4 tables.

Had one major ass hat sweep me with his revolver as I came down the ramp. I believe I embarrassed him when I yelled MUZZLE! to get his attention. He never made any attempt to apologize but left right away. Yogi seemed to be a little frightened when I yelled too.

No other problems we set up our target to sight in a rifle and stayed until closing. It was nice to have the range almost to ourselves but I hate dealing with the safety problems on the range.

That was a nice day at the range- and great seeing you again! I'm glad I wasn't the a$$hat!

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    Got a question for y'all that frequent Myrtle Grove. I went there years ago and wanted to get my permit again but I see this on the application.

3. The Shooting Range at Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management
    Area in Charles County offers an annual permit. The permit is valid
    August 1 through July 31. No permit is required for individuals under
    18; however, they must possess a valid hunter safety certificate and
    be accompanied by an adult 18 or older. A $5 daily permit is
    available at the shooting range only.

If I go in there tomorrow and buy a permit. I'm going to pay $20 for one month and then have to pay another $20 on August 1?

Do they pro-rate it?

Thanks!

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Got a question for y'all that frequent Myrtle Grove. I went there years ago and wanted to get my permit again but I see this on the application.

3. The Shooting Range at Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management
    Area in Charles County offers an annual permit. The permit is valid
    August 1 through July 31. No permit is required for individuals under
    18; however, they must possess a valid hunter safety certificate and
    be accompanied by an adult 18 or older. A $5 daily permit is
    available at the shooting range only.

If I go in there tomorrow and buy a permit. I'm going to pay $20 for one month and then have to pay another $20 on August 1?

Do they pro-rate it?

Thanks!

Sadly no prorate that I know. but then again been wrong before too. I think when it hits a certain days that they give uou extra days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom