• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    With Putin ratchetting up the rhetoric, Sled's probably on a sub off the coast of Russia keeping watch. When the captain goes to bed, he sneaks up to peek out the periscope to look for the best deal on Mosins. :)

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    With Putin ratchetting up the rhetoric, Sled's probably on a sub off the coast of Russia keeping watch. When the captain goes to bed, he sneaks up to peek out the periscope to look for the best deal on Mosins. :)

You know it! :lol2:

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I though he was going down to Gitmo. Don't we provide those guys (guests of the U.S.A) with the best, fastest, most expensive high speed internet that ComCash can sell to .gov? He can't tap into that to phone home?

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Sorry guys! I was leaving work when I posted. Forgot the words, "Pic not mine" :D
    The SKSs were just something for YS to drool over while away from his stash.

OCJ- you know I don't have cash like that!!! I was lucky an MDS member took pity on my Russian collection this year and sold me a matching Russian SKS that snuck in with the recent Albanians.

While I'm here, I'll post another one for Yellowsled. Pic ALSO not mine, but is a personal friends, "Finn Only" collection (minus the light-colored bottom M38) ;)

Now you're just trying to piss me off! ;)

Now what is that saying about 600 sailors go to sea......? :)
    Happy sailing and come back all rested up

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Hey guys.. Thanks for the well wishes, since this thread is started I'll share some of my thoughts and images of this place. First off, Wow! It's a little tropical paradise with ugly barbed wire covered prisons. Can't really talk about that side of the base much but I can tell you this place is overran with big spiney florida lobsters, iguanas, and the big ass banana rats. I will post some pics in here but I only have my iPhone and can only post one per post.

-YS

Pic- my barracks. Single person room. Share toilet and shows with one other person.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 253

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Local internet hotspot. Almost everyone here is a 3rd country national at this spot. Filipinos and Jamaicas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      105.9 KB · Views: 252

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Going fishing... I went with a civilian here who just had his boat shipped over. He didn't know the "spots" yet, so we didn't catch anything that day.. It was still great to be on the water though

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 249

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    All pics i personally took. A lot of the island is a "no photo" zone, but I will post up what I legally can. Cheers guys.... See you in a few

Last for today, my issued van for my tour down here. How nice of them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 248

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Going fishing... I went with a civilian here who just had his boat shipped over. He didn't know the "spots" yet, so we didn't catch anything that day.. It was still great to be on the water though

When you do start catching fish, be prepared for everything you catch to have teeth. That's just how it is in GTMO.

Cuban iguana

dam, do they have saddles for those iguanas?

They keep the place from being overrun by chihuahuas.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    nope, just the typical people carry here. Marines, some army, and navy police.

Here is a few more pics from this weekend. I got the nice size amberjack. We cooked him up the same night and one filet, (1/2 of him) fed 6 people. We had a decent group, the next nicest one was my buddy shooting the queen trigger fish. Here are some pics. Sorry, one per post as this is from a iPad. Additionally, today I competed my 10th dive, with over 6 hours under the water so far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 149

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads