• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    I would need to get a kit first, but I would be interested in a build also

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Anybody have a rough idea whatnot would cost me to finish this into a working ak?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/com...7-62x39mm-ak47-parts-kit-detail.html?Itemid=0

That kit needs a barrel, flat, rivets, and 922r parts. Figure about $275 for all of that.

As for the cost of tools, $800 is probably the cheapest you could buy all of them. Then you still have to paint/finish it.

If you already have a flat bending jig, spot welder, (or mig or flux-core welder), shop press, drill press, vise, drill bit in 6.998mm, 7mm reamer, jig to rivet the trigger guard, bolt cutter rivet machine, various files, hammers, torch, and anything else I missed: $0 Then you still have to paint/finish it.

If you're "trying to save money" don't bother building an AK unless you have all of the aforementioned tools.

Yes, I know, some can be replaced or done without, but this is just the basics here.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Sheesh....that's a little more than I want to spend to make a frankenAK...

Savin money was one idea, the other idea was that kinda like my ar lower I just bought I could stick it on my shelf and have a new ak a year or two from now, if God forbid I'm still in MD...

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    You could come over to my place and I could help you bend your flat and weld in the rails. But not more than that, I'm getting ready to move in July and I'm packing everything.

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    You could come over to my place and I could help you bend your flat and weld in the rails. But not more than that, I'm getting ready to move in July and I'm packing everything.

Hello
    Do you have spot welder? Could I come to weld in the rails? Do you know how to do it?
    I live in VA

Thanks

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I've given up on trying to assist people. Extended the invite numerous times here and privately and everyone wants help but nobody's willing to put forth the effort to get it (namely driving to my house).

Serguei666

Jun 7, 2013
    I've given up on trying to assist people. Extended the invite numerous times here and privately and everyone wants help but nobody's willing to put forth the effort to get it (namely driving to my house).

I need help. Tomorrow I can come
    I live in VA, have no tools at all and don't want to buy them for one-time use.

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    I need help. Tomorrow I can come
    I live in VA, have no tools at all and don't want to buy them for one-time use.

No offense, but 4 posts and never having met you is kind of a no-go for being at my house. Plus I'm not in MD and the live-in house sitter is on strict orders to shoot first and ask questions later. ;)

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    You can say that again if I ever learn how to build Ak's and start teaching people I am going to require people bring a 77r pink copy, sign a wavier and look them up on Maryland judicial check

Require two FBI print cards, and a consent form; a NAC is only $75 or something like that for a civvie. Small price to pay to not have to tell a judge why you thought it was a good idea to teach someone how to build AKs.

In all seriousness, that's one issue with home building that's rehashed all over many of the home building forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom