• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Not sure what to think of this gizmo. Obviously it would be pretty easy for somebody to take the whole box - even if it can be GPS tracked. That clam shell design seems like it would be easy to break into.

www.thegunbox.com

Last edited:

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    same problem w/ all the other boxes - runs on battery.

batteries run out and you don't want that to happen when u need it.

if they made it chorded w/ battery back up that would be nice.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    The Barska "safe" that I use is battery powered. It uses the battery to power the keypad and drive motorized bolts. I can press the # key on the keypad to get a battery hi/low status. I think I will also replace the batteries yearly out of caution, even if the voltage still reads as high.

On this one, I wonder if it charges via USB and if you can leave it plugged into a charger?

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    Looks like it is corded with a battery back up.

I like the idea a lot. I don't know that I'd be the first to buy. Prices may come down a bit but I really like the idea. An RF-ID rubber bracelet or ring is a good idea too. I already wear a similar band 24/7 as it is. So another on my strong hand wouldn't bother me one bit.

I like it! I'll wait to see where the price goes.

0nesh0t

Feb 20, 2011
    Anne Arundel
    They're close... they need make it look more like a Bose radio or iPod speaker system. something that locks, plugs in, charges, and has an alarm clock on it. even tie in the audible alarm to the gun-box part of it too.

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    Got to be corded if you can hook up charging cords to recharge a cell phone.

As for Theft Proof, well you get what you pay for. AS for keeping a wepon secured from a child, should do the job unless it is a teenager.

The tracking/movement/opening message feature is neat. Have to research how that works. Would be neat to let me know that my 10 y/o has been monkeying with the box. He has had some firearms training, knows all of the safety rules etc... he is not my main worry but more so when he has friends over etc..

$225 seems a bit steep. Right now I have some piece of mind with my gun vault.

The GPS feature is interesting but its $475 for that version! Plus $75 a year for GPS monitoring (1st year free). It might be cheaper to buy your own GPS tracker and throw it in an existing safe. I considered this for a while because it has a lot of neat features but there's just too much electronics in it for my comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom