• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    I posted this in the 2A section but will put it here also

Not a lot of DINO action here in Southern Maryland. Here's a link to our local online news with a pretty good intro of all the GOP candidates. http://www.thebaynet.com/news/index....story_ID/37559

Of the 3 running for 5th district (to go up against Steny Hoyer) Chris Chaffee looks to be my choice but don't think any of the 3 can oust Steny. The last one that did OK was Lollar.

The suprise for me in the 29A race is that Johnny Wood(D) who is retiring/not seeking re-election has endorsed Tommy McKay(R). Don't be fooled by the RINO candidate "Puff" who has signs all over the place.

Deb Rey is unopposed in the primary and I hope she can take Bohannon out in the general.

In the other race for Dyson's Senate seat I'm thinking Steve Waugh but I really don't have a problem with Dyson.

Charles and Calvert please add anything you've got

Comments/suggestions welcome

44 Bulldog

Oct 25, 2012
    Dunkirk-Calvert County
    I received my sample ballot in the mail and they said my polling place was Calvert Elementry School when my real voting place is Windy Hill Elementry, how many people will NOT vote because their voting location changed I called the polling place and they said that was a mistake and I do vote at WHE, just makes me wonder if this was done on purpose. Just can't trust Maryland..........

Along

Mar 14, 2011
    St Mary's
    In the other race for Dyson's Senate seat I'm thinking Steve Waugh but I really don't have a problem with Dyson.

I was thinking the same.
    Heard Waugh on the radio this morning, doesn't sound bad, but he's campaigning...
    Another view is Dyson is getting older, when he does retire, who could be the options then.

OEH

Nov 18, 2010
    29B
    Of the 3 running for 5th district (to go up against Steny Hoyer) Chris Chaffee looks to be my choice but don't think any of the 3 can oust Steny. The last one that did OK was Lollar.

Until recently Chaffee had some talk on his issues page about how he supported the RTKBA but that people should be required to take training to buy a gun. I see that it has since been removed.

Arness' page was more generic but has since been beefed up on 2A issues.

On 2A Potter seems to be the best by far of the 3. Against MANDATORY training, supports National Right to Carry Reciprocity, hopes that MD's FSA will be found unconstitutional soon etc. I'm thinking Potter but agree that any will have a tough road ahead and whoever wins the R slot will need our support in Nov.

Brian Hastings

Known Miscreant
    Jun 20, 2012
    38.253883, -76.470756
    I was thinking the same.
    Heard Waugh on the radio this morning, doesn't sound bad, but he's campaigning...
    Another view is Dyson is getting older, when he does retire, who could be the options then.

I've met with Steve Waugh while doing debate preparations and have switched from being OK with Dyson to supporting Steve.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Kelly is a tax person and made the Charles County Commissioners look like the fools they are. She also sent a letter on county letterhead saying a lady that hit and killed a guy on a bike was not a bad person (the lady was drunk).

The rest, well look at Waldorf and decide, Rucci, Collins, Davis, Patterson and Graves all have made the mess that it is.

deMontjoie

Ultimate Member
    Oct 25, 2010
    Hollywood, MD
    Low turnout today. Steve Waugh, Matt Morgan, and Deb Rey each won their respective primaries.:thumbsup: Each of them is a strong Pro-2A candidate.

Now the challenge is for us to get behind these folks over the next ~4 months to ensure that they win their seats in November's general elections.

Wojo

What's that Smell
    May 8, 2012
    Wrong side of the Potomac
    Looks like rex coffey got the BEAT DOWN in chuck county for sheriff!

All of the commissioner races are pretty tight, all of the ******** over the last couple years from them looks to be catching up to them!

Ironsighter

It's "Citizen," not "Civilian"
    May 10, 2011
    Down South
    Unfortunately, Brian Frosh won the Dem primary for Attorney General, so we'll have an even more rabid MontGoCo anti-gunner as AG come the fall.

Hope we can put Deb Rey and Matt Morgan in the legislature along with Tony O'Donnell so we can try to counter some of the BS.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Looks like rex coffey got the BEAT DOWN in chuck county for sheriff!

All of the commissioner races are pretty tight, all of the ******** over the last couple years from them looks to be catching up to them!

I voted for Troy Berry.

Every CCSO deputy I know had nothing good to say about Rex Coffey and spoke highly of Troy Berry. Plus, every home on my daily commute along Oliver Shop and Penns Hill Road where there is a CCSO take-home in the driveway has a 4x8' Troy Berry billboards in their front yard.

Parshooter

Silent Majority Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    East NC
    Rumors have been going around since the primary that Rex is coming back as an Independent in the General Election.

I could be wrong but to me it seems like the CCSO deputy's hardly ever support the incumbent; always hoping for a better deal with a new person. Can't say I blame them, just making an observation is all.
    That wouldn't surprise me, but it may get pretty ugly if he does from what I've heard:innocent0

sgar2600

Mar 27, 2013
    That wouldn't surprise me, but it may get pretty ugly if he does from what I've heard:innocent0

Rex is very pro 2A. I contacted Troy Berry regarding gun issues and not sure yet if I can say the same. He didn't exactly answer my questions.

My message to Troy Berry,
    Sir, I am contacting you to get your official position and views on citizen possession of firearms. Recently Maryland passed SB281 (Maryland Firearm Safety act of 2013) which Sheriff Coffee opposed along with the Maryland Sheriffs Association. Do you support the idea of banning the sale of modern sporting rifles and magazine limits? Second, many states in the US are moving toward "shall issue" of concealed carry permits. While the county sheriff does not issue concealed weapons permits in Maryland, Maryland may eventually issue permits to it's residents. What is your position on concealed carry in Maryland? Do you believe in the "may-issue" stance Maryland currently follows, or do you support the idea of issues concealed carry permits to a broader portion of citizens? Thank you for your time.
    May 22nd, 3:59pm

His response:
    Hello sgar2600. Sorry for the late response. As you know, law enforcement is part of the judicial branch of government and does not create laws, unlike the legislative branch of government. I own guns and I enjoy sport shooting. I support the 2nd amendment and responsible gun ownership. The Maryland gun laws should protect citizens from the criminal element using guns for illegal activities, and not restrict law abiding citizens from gun ownership

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    Response

His response was very well non-infomative. Sounds like a political answer. You should post in the paper and let others know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom