• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Apparently there have been several 'armed' robberies along Ft. Smallwood Road, and vicinity in recent weeks.

A friend of mine was at the Lauer's on Monday after work, when someone stuck something in her back and demanded her purse.

Well, I couldn't be more proud.

She appeared to reach for her purse on her shoulder, but instead grabbed the pepper spray I had given her some time ago, and doused the guy but good, over her back.

While he was fetal and crying like a baby, she bolted inside to have the store call police.

He was still far less than manly when they arrived, and was arrested. It turned out he had no gun, but I really don't know if it would have mattered??!

Just something to consider, both in that area and for folks in general.

tttongli

Oct 3, 2008
    HOWARD
    Just a "friend of yours"? :rolleyes:

Apparently there have been several 'armed' robberies along Ft. Smallwood Road, and vicinity in recent weeks.

A friend of mine was at the Lauer's on Monday after work, when someone stuck something in her back and demanded her purse.

Well, I couldn't be more proud.

She appeared to reach for her purse on her shoulder, but instead grabbed the pepper spray I had given her some time ago, and doused the guy but good, over her back.

While he was fetal and crying like a baby, she bolted inside to have the store call police.

He was still far less than manly when they arrived, and was arrested. It turned out he had no gun, but I really don't know if it would have mattered??!

Just something to consider, both in that area and for folks in general.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Yes. I take care of my friends. Anyone who knows me wouldn't make such an inference.

In fact, I hand out pepper spray to a number of people I know, who are interested in having a 'little buddy' alongside.

Last edited:

Mr H

Banana'd
    I'll wait for real experts on this, but I go with Sabre, just because I know the name is trusted.

Maximum strength or 3-in-1 (OC, Tear, UV marker)... I really don't know if there's a preference for folks either way, but I lean to the Max.

LexTalionis926

Jan 4, 2013
    Someone just tried to either carjack or rob my wife at the red light at ft Smallwood and Marley neck. I'll be making a separate post about it in this forum shortly.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Don't know yet, but I'd sure hope it's less now.

AACPD has been very reluctant (for about 3-4 years now) to release any information about local crime. I don't get it.

They post on twitter and facebook all the time. Generally not about low level stuff, but they actually aren't too bad. Better than most local departments IMHO.

Of course, we could talk about the 3 homicides in the last 10-12 days too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom