• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KSFrostie

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2013
    Carroll County
    Hey all,
    I am an IT professional with 10+ years of experience. I have experience with PC and MAC desktop system. I can also assist with Windows servers and Exchange Servers. I am looking to make some extra cash by doing some side project outside of work(to feed my firearm fund). I live in the carroll county area and work in the White marsh area. If anyone needs any IT help PM or email me(KSFrostie@gmail.com) :)

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Hey all,
    I am an IT professional with 10+ years of experience. I have experience with PC and MAC desktop system. I can also assist with Windows servers and Exchange Servers. I am looking to make some extra cash by doing some side project outside of work(to feed my firearm fund). I live in the carroll county area and work in the White marsh area. If anyone needs any IT help PM or email me(KSFrostie@gmail.com) :)

Good luck....I'm just trying to find a job; to feed my mortgage.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Yes....around here i seems they want certs for like 3 different disciplines and a clearance to get an interview. :rolleyes:

Even that won't get you a job any more. Between the furloughs and sequestration, the high rate govt services work is in free fall.

Honestly, sysadmin work is on the decline. Retooling into network security or big data analytics would be a smart move...

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    Continuous Monitoring is the buzzword. I'm sort of meh about it. The expectation being every agency is going to tie their audits/logs into one agency and they're going to manage the results? That sort of centralization is a bit scary to me. Especially considering the infrastructure and personnel to actually support the work don't exist. Send me your resume. Certs matter in the DoD world. They do NOT matter on the Federal side and there are a ton of private sector folks on the fringe of Gov who don't need you to have a clearance. Especially those companies running data centers and such. Also look at FedRAMP and who is on the list as CSP's. They do not require a clearance.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Yes....around here i seems they want certs for like 3 different disciplines and a clearance to get an interview. :rolleyes:
    While the clearance is a semi-golden ticket in this region, it is not always required. I know that my company is looking for a variety of delivery personnel, if folks are willing to travel and have experience with product lines from Cisco, VMware, Citrix, etc.

kmb

Ultimate Member
    Jul 20, 2011
    While the clearance is a semi-golden ticket in this region, it is not always required. I know that my company is looking for a variety of delivery personnel, if folks are willing to travel and have experience with product lines from Cisco, VMware, Citrix, etc.

And if you can afford to relo, Raleigh (NC) is still an IT powerhouse. I got 4 job hits from there last week. All private industry. All equal to what I'm making here in DC. None required a clearance. Hell, even if I took a pay cut, I'd still come out better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom